Next up is a dio of Rommels Sd Kfz 250/3

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
On resurching this I found out that the paint job on this was very scruffy and it showed that it was applied by brush in the field directly over the standard tank grey of other German vehicles of the time so that's what I'm going to do

The kit itself is pretty straight forward and looking at the sprues it appears they have added new tool to old maybe to correct some problems when this kit was first produced maybe 30 years ago

View attachment 77060

View attachment 77061

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Should this be in the Under construction bit?

An interesting little kit. Rommels runabout. I have a few times considered one of these together with his Storch on a little desert base.

Ian M

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Sorry Ian I should have said , I'm not going to do it under construction I'm just going to build it and put it in completed section , I just want to crack on with something a bit simple and get back into the swing of things after doing four aircraft on the bounce

Although it is only skill level 2 on the box it is quite detailed with some nice accessories :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Looks a nice kit, will look forward to this.

Si:smiling3:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
rommels taxi nice looking forward to seeing come along

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks Ian

The figures do look a bit mad , I know Rommel was a shortish stocky bloke but this one looks more like a munchkin lol

See picView attachment 77064

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Found this: cannot source one in the UK though.

Totally insane, anybody made one of these up?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Found this: cannot source one in the UK though.Totally insane, anybody made one of these up?

That can't be real ! Did they actually build that or is it just some very imaginative persons idea ?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
That can't be real ! Did they actually build that or is it just some very imaginative persons idea ?
It is a Tom Daniel creation who made various mad hotrod designs and Monogram made them into kits. Totally wacky though and something different.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
It is a Tom Daniel creation who made various mad hotrod designs and Monogram made them into kits. Totally wacky though and something different.Si:smiling3:
Oh right , different is the wrong word ! I think you got it right , it is insane lol

First Name
Richard
Wow that's a cool kit Si, Alan like the 250 which one are you going to build I mean the decals because he had 2 of them the Grief und Adler if I am not mistaken.

Cheers Richi

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Wow that's a cool kit Si, Alan like the 250 which one are you going to build I mean the decals because he had 2 of them the Grief und Adler if I am not mistaken.Cheers Richi
I'm doing grief ( griffin ) I like the look of the camo on it :smiling3:

First Name
Richard
Cool,

so in the complete section I go;) and wait:rolleyes: until??

Cheers Richi

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Interesting kit Alan, look forward to seeing it made up. Yep, poor Rommel is looking a little out of sorts there.

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
First Name
Paul
\ said:
tom daniels was a very prolific designer.....rommels rod is from the late 60's

not one ive done but ive done several of his.....Dragon Wagon has been my grail kit for many many years now

back on track, look forward to seeing the half track go together,,....another oldie and one ive never done

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Paul for the info I'll take a look and see what else I can find by him :smiling3: