NHI NH90 E.I. - Revell 1/72

Z

Ziper_it

Hello,

I want to share with you few pictures of my ongoing work.

Despite the fact that is my first model after twenty years and the difficulties in painting it I think it's coming out quite nicely.

I had to make few things that were missing in the kit or were different from the one for which I have photos.

Please le me know your comments and suggestions.

francesco

View attachment 67616

View attachment 67617

View attachment 67618

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
It looks a very good start Ziper like the wiring you have added which type you modelling have you any pictures to show

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start Francesco. Look forward to more progress soon. Roman a Revell 1/72 NH90 a while back, his build thread can be seen here http://www.scale-models.co.uk/planes-helicopters/16882-nh-90-nfh-revell-1-72-a.html

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks for your comments.

I built something when I was fourteen (I'm 45 now), from tanks to planes, only few models completed too. Should still have a Sherman, a Zundapp and few "Crociati" at my parent's house. Since then I did nothing beside painting few warhammer figures and a couple of 1/700 models.

Now I'd like to stay on helis and planes, possibly in 1/144.

Sorry, no pictures. I could take some to the F14 I built to restart the hobby, but I built it with materials I had at home, experimenting with different color brands, and run few test on it (like rescribing after painting, lol).

I've seen this and other models from Roman, definitively 5 stars. Actually is from where I got the inspiration to restart the hobby.

Ciao,

Francesco

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice start francesco , the added wiring looks great . keep the pics coming , cheers tony

Z

Ziper_it

Still working on the cockpit.

Modified seat cushion

Added arm rest (correct if not the right word)

Remade seat belts

Added reading lights to the dashboard

In the meanwhile I started to build the third cabin seat which was not present in the kit.

Francesco

View attachment 67718

image.jpg

Last edited:
First Name
Aaron
Nice work so far mate...i think (work in progress) wip is the term. :smiling3:

Z

Ziper_it

Ops, I meant "what's the name for the panel between pilots", LOL

Overhead complete, controls are not identical to the real one but should look nice.

View attachment 66712

I tried to make buttons an switches with white glue, cyanoacrylate and mr.surfacer 500. The white glue giving the best results (mr.surfacer and cyano were too liquid), but buttons where coming too big. I have a more dense cyano and will give it a try or do you know a better method?

Francesco

View attachment 67778

image.jpg

Last edited:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I think the words you are after are " centre console" Francesco. Nice work on the seats and instrument panels . For making the buttons ,i have found that a dotting pen as used by scrap booking crafters is perfect . I use a thick PVA such as Gorilla glue , the good thing about using these is that its easier to get all the dots the same size. You can get them from Craft shops or E-bay , heres a picture to help you see what I mean , cheers tony

View attachment 67779

P1110339 [Desktop Resolution].jpg

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Tony,

I will try this, perhaps on the 212 that should be the next.

Have you ever tried a rivet kit (like http://www.starwoodscalemodels.com/estore/products.php?32&cPath=22_15&sid=g1gm0cnd4sv0g8nvpo7erqt932), would it work on 1/72 scale for this task? Trying to understand how small these can be.

Francesco

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Thanks Tony, I will try this, perhaps on the 212 that should be the next.

Have you ever tried a rivet kit (like Scale Rivet Kit - StarwoodScaleModels.com), would it work on 1/72 scale for this task? Trying to understand how small these can be.

Francesco
It looks like it would work francescpo but its a bit expensive , I would try the dotting pens first , theyre a lot cheaper , i only paid a few pounds for a set of 5 different sizes ,cheers tony

Z

Ziper_it

Low interest here, is the project or the way I'm reporting it?

Next post I will give some info on the model and the work done do far, let's if it helps.

View attachment 67920

image.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
No, it's all good Francesco, your reports are fine and the subject is great. The forum has been a bit quieter lately so don't worry. Some more pictures would be good to see if you have more progress to share. Considering this is your first model in 20 years I think you are doing a fantastic job mate.

Z

Ziper_it

Hi flyjoe,

Thanks for your reply, I will post more once back from vacation: I already completed the jump seat and cabin lights and started passenger seats.

In next posts I will also try to describe a little bit more the process, so to make more interesting.

Francesco

P.S. Actually the plan was to start a Bell 212 during vacation so I brought with me kit, tools and colors but I forgot the primer which i cant buy here.

Z

Ziper_it

Hi flyjoe,

Thanks for your reply, I will post more once back from vacation: I already completed the jump seat and cabin lights and started passenger seats.

In next posts I will also try to describe a little bit more the process, so to make more interesting.

Francesco

P.S. Actually the plan was to start a Bell 212 during vacation so I brought with me kit, tools and colors but I forgot the primer which i cant buy here.

Z

Ziper_it

Hi All,

The NHI NH90 is most advanced European helicopter. Available in two versions, TTH and NFH, is already part of army of many countries around the world with Germany and Italy among first adopters. It's the first fly-by-wire helicopter and mostly built with composite materials.

This Revell kit is from 2009 and provides marking for German, Italian and Finnish versions. At that time the first NH90 was already delivered to the Italian army in 2007 and marked E.I.200.

Even if I've not been able to find any picture to fully confirm this, I have the feeling that the model is based upon a mockup/pre-series machine. Also no picture of the interior of this machine is available.

For this reason I decided to represent the E.I. 205 of the Esercito Italiano, ID 81522, construction number 1025/gita06, based in Rimini with the 7° Reggimento AVES "Vega". Heli can be seen here: http://www.fiammeblu.it/thumbnails.php?album=2564

Major visible differences between the E.I.200 and the E.I.205 are:

- The color on the no step area on the sponson and color around the windows that us black only instead of yellow/black.

- Chaff/fare dispensers are mounted on the side.

- Different configuration for passengers seats.

So here's a list of things that should be modified to represent this model (and mostly of the others).

Pilots office:

Dashboard shape is incorrect on the sides.

The trackball on the center console is missing.

The two small panels on the side of the center console are missing.

The center console is totally wrong.

Cable cover on the back wall of the cabin are missing.

The fuse panel on the back wall of the cabin has a different shape.

The jump seat is missing.

The overhead is missing.

Seats have wrong cushions and arm rest are missing.

Opening on the floor close to the lower windows is missing.

Load area:

Front wall is incorrect.

Side walls are missing.

Seats have a different design (ei205).

Ceiling is missing.

Back door is missing the slope panel.

Frame ribs and other details are missing.

Curtain separating from cockpit is missing.

Exterior:

Fuel dumping pipe.

Tail rotor shaft has a different shape.

Deicing pipes to blades are missing.

(Still looking here).

Additional things I'm going to do:

Replacing grids covering on the tail.

Reading lamp on cockpit.

Air vent on cockpit.

Doors interior (if I find enough info)

Things I'd like to do:

Open pilot door (if I feel confident in cutting the transparent plastic).

Turbine and APU (if I find better pictures).

Z

Ziper_it

Hi,

Slowly moving on here.

Interior ...

View attachment 68628

Primer on, will have to retouch a little then paint.

... And tail.

View attachment 68629

Regardless the paint used was coming good, then I noticed few mistakes and had to putty/sand/repaint which almost ruined the piece. Hopefully i will still be able to do a nice washing. Must take more care for the main body.

Bye

Francesco

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice to see some progress on this Francesco. You have a lot of work if you are to complete that list of missing things.