"nicht Verschieben!"...or "don't Move!" *****The illusion revealed!!*****

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very nice Ron, love your scratched up buildings they always look excellent;) another fine offering from you..............Jim:smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Looks the biz Ron!

Lee :smiling3:

A

american

Great, great job! I would like to see more details of the building! I found it very well done!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks folks for your excellent posts, but.............I WON! :smiling3:

The building is a concrete machine gun bunker! If it had been a real building, the door would have been smashed to bits and the window glass too.

Catalin came closest, suggesting more detail was required, but it's just a sort of simple graffiti really.

I came up with the idea for this mini dio. after seeing this sort of camouflage still in existence, when I was in Normandy.

I built the complete bunker out of polystyrene, then painted it all 'concrete'. I then designed the front and two sides, and gently scribed the half timber, stone wall, door and windows with a rule and pencil. I then cut out the M.G. slit ( below the larger window) and a small observation slit up above the smaller window. Because of the dark interior, these blend in nicely with the black woodwork. I also cut some rough roof tile lines with my modelling knife.

Then damage was done by digging into the surface with a small screw driver and a nail. Finally I painted the three 'Building' elevations with acrylics onto the concrete walls.

I hope you approve of it's deceptive appearance.

The bunker front...

101st  Airborne 1944 044.jpg

The rear entrance......

101st  Airborne 1944 047.jpg

The ends....

101st  Airborne 1944 045.jpg

101st  Airborne 1944 046.jpg

Ron 1 - My buddies 0! :P

Cheers all......

Last edited by a moderator:
J

John Rixon

Lovely work, the narrative in the dio is clear, and the figure work is just amazing!!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks John. Perhaps a bit naughty to try and trick people....Nah, just good fun.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Alan, you'll have to try harder to catch this old f**t out. Most folks would think it's a door, but yes it is a spring board. Just out of shot is a big manhole, minus it's lid. It filled up with water after the mains were ruptured.
Too big for adults to use, but the local youngsters have a ball diving into it from the spring board. :P
A little less of the 'old f**t' if you please Ron! That's MY role here!

F

Fenlander

I love this, what a great idea well executed. Great work Ron, very original.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks boys.

Just a nice piece of quiet, well meant deception....It must have been frightening when advancing from the beaches in all the smoke and noise to miss what these disguised things really were. Usually too late.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I was going to say that......not :smiling3:

Great little dio in every respect!

Cheers

Steve

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks Steve, having one of these things spit at you, must have been on a par with being 'bounced' by an unseen enemy fighter!