Normandy Bocage diorama

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Just having a little play with some filters on my resizing program. I think i might use these when the build is complete. I like the way they look.

53.png54.png

I'm off work this weekend so i'm hoping to paint the trees (when i figure out what colour to do the trunks). And then i'll add some flock

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looks good Alan, amazing what your can do with even the most basic of programs these days.

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Certainly is. It's called Picture Resize and it's free in Microsoft Store.
Might have to have a look.

I actually use Flickr and link my photos that way so the sizing issue has not been a problem for me, I think that has some filter options too...

Reactions: JR

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I think the only thing I would try to change a bit are the track marks in the erm track. Easy fix is to make up more of the mud material and build up the road a bit so the tanks track marks are at the same level, trying to keep the squidged out mud a little high, like it's been squashed out as the tank has pressed it out as passing.

As a second attempt at a dio you are doing great.
I was binge watching Martin on the Night Shift you tube channel. I was surprised when he painted all the diorama base. INCLUDING the grass and plants All the stones and wood work.
But it sure does work out. It just ties everything together!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I was binge watching Martin on the Night Shift you tube channel. I was surprised when he painted all the diorama base. INCLUDING the grass and plants All the stones and wood work.
But it sure does work out. It just ties everything together!
Ian

I saw that too.... he's done it on a few of his dioramas.

On the latest one I was thinking it was looking pretty good without the paint already but it did take it to whole new level.

ATB.

Andrew

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I think the only thing I would try to change a bit are the track marks in the erm track.

Thanks Ian. They are going to be changed. I don't like them either. I'll either remove them or add more mud to make them look more natural.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Alan
Coming on a real treat. Interested in how the magic brew works on wood. Those are excellent trees.
Jim

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Interested in how the magic brew works on wood.

Cheers Jim. Have to say i am impressed with the Treemendus flock. Looks really good.

Forgot about the aging wood liquid. The first batch mysteriously fell over when i was away at work. Personally i think it has something to do with my kids and a game of tag. But according to them it did it all by itself. Hmm.

Will 'brew up' another load this weekend.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking very good Alan. Definitely a hidden talent of yours.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers Jim. Have to say i am impressed with the Treemendus flock. Looks really good.

Forgot about the aging wood liquid. The first batch mysteriously fell over when i was away at work. Personally i think it has something to do with my kids and a game of tag. But according to them it did it all by itself. Hmm.

Will 'brew up' another load this weekend.
Sorry to read of the mysterious bottle fall.Rather like when our first dog broke the lower section of our back door, while the daughters were playing football.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Mate of mine put a moped through his parents back door. Couldn’t blame anyone else though, his dad was having a cup of tea in the kitchen and my mate was riding the moped at the time :tongue-out3: