Not going to finish the group build :(

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Sorry for not posting on here for a while but i've had a bit of a problem at home. Whilst me and the family went a way for a long weekend break, a water pipe burst in my loft and the end result was the ceiling falling in..... on my model desk and laptop :sobbing:

End result being that my FW190 D-11 build is trashed along with a P-51D and a Me262. The laptop had to get a new case as it was smashed

Not a happy chappy. So sorry guys and gal but i won't be able to show one for the end of the GB.

Your guttedly

Al

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Not a nice thing to come back to, someone I know had the same thing happen it was ages before everything was dry properly

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Allyne, what a thing to happen, my heart goes out to you mate. Water can be devastating as I know myself....

All the best, and I hope everything gets back to normal tute sweet, my friend.

Ron

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
it was ages before everything was dry properly
Had blowers in and the laminate flooring is having to get replaced. I have salvaged a few parts (pilot and wheels) from the models but the rest of them and the decals are a right-off. I'm just glad my paint and air brush seem to be ok. Luckily i keep them in a plastic shelf stack.

F

Fenlander

Sorry to hear that Allyne, however, the GB is a bit of fun and you have far more important things to think about than a model even though the effort and skill you put into them cannot be replaced. Never mind, concentrate on the important stuff, there will be time to make models when you get sorted out mate.

B

bikerbart

So sorry to hear of this event Allyne, you must be totally gutted. Hope things improve for you quickly and all is back to normal soon. Regards Martin :smiling:

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
What a b****y awful thing to happen! Sorry to hear of your misfortune Allyne. Hope you get things sorted.

Gern

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That's rotten Al. Hope your luck turns round soon and things are back to normal in your house as soon as poss.

All the best

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
HI allyne sorry to hear about your flood, pity about the models too but nae bother eh?!Im sure theyll be plenty more where they came from plus,theres another GB starting in a few days you can just get straight back into it! Its going to be down to the wire with my fw190 as well but thats just my laziness not a household disaster!! Youll be up and running in no time , cheers mate tony

P

Plastickitbasher

Sorry to your news but hope all will put right as soon as possible

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys. Luckily i had moved my stash that was next to the model table through to another room as i didn't like it 'being on show' from the back door so they were saved.

The table has been moved and doesn't look too bad so i could probably start making models again as and when SWMBO (she who must be obayed) allows me.

I haven't got a tank in the stash and i know SWMBO won't let me buy anymore just yet so i'll have a think what i can do for the new GB

F

Fenlander

Be great if you could join in on this one. It does run for four months this time and can be absolutely anything from that period and theatre of WWII, a single German soldier figure on a little base would suffice.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
I'll have a look and see what i can get together for the GB. I do have a 88mm Flak 36 and a 20mm Flak 38 to use up lol

R

Richy C

Gutted for you Al , had the same sort of problem myself about 6 months ago with a burst pipe under the floor boards in my bedroom , only I was at home at the time and managed to fix it in a couple of hours , had to rip up floor boards and carpets to find the leak then make a few holes in the ceiling below to drain the water but got away with it without too much damage

get back to your modelling bench when your ready , we are not going anywhere mate

Richy