Not posted in a while but I am busy with these 1/16 figures

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi everyone
It's been an age since I last posted any work on the forum so I thought I'd give an update on what I'm doing.
A little while ago I began work on a long term project sculpting 1/16 figures. These are intended to accessorise/accompany particular 1/16 vehicles, the first of which is the Panther. I've already got the poses worked out and the armatures are done, the next thing is to add the musculature (the clothing/equipment will follow). As I've mentioned, this will be a long process - how long? I'm not entirely sure! For now I'm working up each figure (there are 15 in total for the Panther) and I'll see where it goes from there. The heads are temporary and will be sculpted separately.
Anyway, I just thought I'd post to let you all know what I've been up to. Any comments, critique will be taken on board.
Thanks
Paul

IMG_2195.JPGIMG_2196.JPGIMG_2197.JPG

Ps. For those who are wondering what has become of the Fokker Dr.1s, they are still underway and will be completed alongside these figure sculpts (all being well!)
Thanks again, Paul

IMG_2198.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Paul Garwd they are some skinney little chappies havnt you been feedin them lol but when they get their clothes uniform im sure they will look great an you are doin something ive never treid as i would be hopeless at makin figures VERY WELL DONE Sir
chrisb

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
HI Paul Garwd they are some skinney little chappies havnt you been feedin them lol but when they get their clothes uniform im sure they will look great an you are doin something ive never treid as i would be hopeless at makin figures VERY WELL DONE Sir
chrisb
Hi Chris
Thanks for the support. These fellas are very much in the embryonic stage and will change quite a bit in development. They’re deliberately skinny in the first stage as it’s easier to add material than it is to take it away. The plan eventually is to get these cast But that’s some way off yet.
BTW. I loved the pics of Tiger’s maiden voyage. She looked very graceful (all problems aside).
Cheers
P

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Blimey! And I thought I was being ambitious!
Great start Paul
Thanks Neil for the support. I know that you appreciate how much work is involved - this won’t be a quick build at all. Sculpting 15 pairs of hands will be a task in itself not to mention the heads. Still, I’m happy enough with the start.
Cheers
P

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Paul,
Pink Panthers? At 1/16, that's going to be a huge commitment - what season are you thinking of? Winter, with big greatcoats & muffled heads would reduce the workload!
Dave

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul,
Pink Panthers? At 1/16, that's going to be a huge commitment - what season are you thinking of? Winter, with big greatcoats & muffled heads would reduce the workload!
Dave
Hey Dave
The figures are intended to be late war (specifically Normandy) so summer uniforms mostly. As I see this as an early morning gathering of troops, making ready for an attack, there could be some heavier clothing (chilly start and all that). There will definitely be a mix of camouflage and service grey uniforms, Panzer black for the tank crew/mix - pea dot, plain tree, Italian camouflage - a real hodge-podge of styles. Also a real mix of equipment - MG42, Panzerfausts, MP40s, Kar 98s ( the guy handing something invisible to the guy on the tank will actually be holding up a Lafette MG mount).

The pink stuff is Supersculpey but will probably turn grey once the uniform goes on as I'll probably change materials. Thanks for your interest as it keeps my energy levels up on what will undoubtedly be a very long build process.

Cheers
P

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I think they're going to look great Paul, 15 will take a while to complete. The adding meat part will be the most testing period, adding the clothing and accessories will be more interesting and something to look forward to. Will pop in now and then to give you a nudge.

Cheers,
Wabble

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think they're going to look great Paul, 15 will take a while to complete. The adding meat part will be the most testing period, adding the clothing and accessories will be more interesting and something to look forward to. Will pop in now and then to give you a nudge.

Cheers,
Wabble
Thanks Richard for your support. I do see this very much as a ‘slow burner‘, and I will be doing other projects alongside these, but hopefully progress won’t be too painful. I may need that nudge now and again though!
Cheers
Paul

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks like this bunch just finished basic training at Buchenwald!! And I thought Neil's Fusiliers was a huge undertaking in the Figs. dept. Looks like you have plenty on your plate Paul, I'm looking forward to more frequent updates now that we know what's up your sleeve. ;) :thumb2:

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks like this bunch just finished basic training at Buchenwald!! And I thought Neil's Fusiliers was a huge undertaking in the Figs. dept. Looks like you have plenty on your plate Paul, I'm looking forward to more frequent updates now that we know what's up your sleeve. ;) :thumb2:
Hi Rick
Any updates and you guys will be the first to know and I will try to post more often. Thanks for the support mate.
Cheers
Paul

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
An ambitious and fascinating project, Paul.
I will follow with great interest even if, and probably because, sculpting is definitely out of my comfort zone.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
An ambitious and fascinating project, Paul.
I will follow with great interest even if, and probably because, sculpting is definitely out of my comfort zone.
Thanks for your interest Andrea. I will post as often as I can (when noticeable progress is made) but this will be a slow build. My emphasis is on doing this as best I can rather than speed (hopefully that will come with continued work). Sculpting the human form is probably one of the toughest modelling disciplines, especially hands and heads, but I’ll give it my best shot.
Thanks again for dropping by.
Cheers
P

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks great so far.Admire your courage at sculpting 15 figures.Wish you every sucess at this project.Will be watching with interest.
Excellent.
Richard
Thank you Richard for your well wishes and support. I’ll try my best and I hope I won’t disappoint.
Cheers
Paul

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
very cool......very envious of anyone who can do this with figures.

Good luck with the process.

ATB

Andrew

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Jeezus paul , I nearly spat my coffee out when i opened this thread ! I thought it was some sort of naturist battalion , Carry on camping style . Amazing work mate , like Neil , you guys who can sculpt figures are insanely talented . Massive project but its looking superb so far , keep at it , cheers tony

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers Andrew, Tony.
Tony: Yes, they really should put some kecks on before driving off into battle. But perhaps it makes them more fearsome? Remember the 3rd Foot and Mouth in ‘Carry on up the Khyber’? :tongue-out3:

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys I hope the result meets expectation
Paul

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Cheers Andrew, Tony.
Tony: Yes, they really should put some kecks on before driving off into battle. But perhaps it makes them more fearsome? Remember the 3rd Foot and Mouth in ‘Carry on up the Khyber’? :tongue-out3:

Thanks for the vote of confidence guys I hope the result meets expectation
Paul
I have no doubt it will!
Steve