October 1944, The Quiet Before The Storm.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Finished my latest project, the King Tiger or Tiger II. A lot of work has gone into this one to make it better from the last (but don't we all).

Hope you enjoy looking as i've enjoyed building it.

John

M

Mr B316

a brilliant job you've done there i love the attention to detail!! the king tiger and the original tiger tank are among my favourite tanks ever made. and i really like how you've set it up showing the crew fixing it's track, very realistic and true to its operational history :grinball2: german engineering at its best :england:

well done and hope to see more projects in the future!!

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thank you for the kind words lads. Going to take some time off for now (need to have a good clear out for new projects). But don't pannic, i have kit's waiting:dancing1:

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks James, enjoyed building this that much i'm loving WW2 German Armour. I have said that i'm taking some time off to make room for new models but thats not gone to plan, i've just got the Tiger 1. Opps, the wife is not pleased but, it keep's me off the street's.

djellis10

djellis10
Brilliant job....loving it. What compound did you use for making up the grass banks from the base?

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
Brilliant job....loving it. What compound did you use for making up the grass banks from the base?
Thanks djellis10, no compound just some old polystyrene from goods packaging melted with a cigarette lighter. Then the lot was covered with household filler mixed with garden soil for texture. The base is just an old cork memo board too (recycling).

Hope this helps you, John

djellis10

djellis10
\ said:
Thanks djellis10, no compound just some old polystyrene from goods packaging melted with a cigarette lighter. Then the lot was covered with household filler mixed with garden soil for texture. The base is just an old cork memo board too (recycling).Hope this helps you, John
Thanks for letting me know how John, im gonna give that a go when i get the chance!

P

Plastickitbasher

Terrific stuff, I really like this as there's a lot of effort gone into it. You should be well chuffed

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
\ said:
Terrific stuff, I really like this as there's a lot of effort gone into it. You should be well chuffed
Thanks Plastickitbasher, i'm over the moon how it looks now, i did have to get a new airbrush to finish it. But it is worth it.

djellis10, not a problem, glad to help.

Just for you, i've been playing on photobucket with good results.

S

Spyderman_uk

That is a superb model and diorama!

The activity pulls you into it.

So much so that I kept forgetting to look at the model!

Well done!

S

Satnav313

It might be a little late but i'd just like to say that it is amazing. So much detail and I love the banks. If your still answering questions, what size is the base?

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi John,

I can only agree with the others here, excellent work there and the crew members certainly add a nice extra dimension to this one too, You could almost believe that they were actually changing that track for real.

Very nicely done and presented.

Regards.........Mark

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Thanks guys, it's alway's nice to have great comments.

Satnav, it's not too late bud, size is 12x16in. Just an old memo board the wife didn't want anymore. Thing is, now she's got a bigger one and i've got to keep my eyes off it (yeah right, i've got plans for that lol).

Mark, there is a story behind changing the track, i did one side that turned out ok but, the busted track didn't go too well hence, they are fixing it. I normally build straight out the box, but now i'm building little dioramas for them to sit on it's more fun. A model is just a model until it's on a diorama, then it's a moment in time (that's how i look at it anyways).

Take care, John

First Name
Andy
Hi John,

I know that his is an old post now, but since I joined I have been looking at all the old posts and seeing all the amazing work you guys have done...

I have to say that this is truly fantastic, it's just as though they have been frozen in time and any minute they'll unfreeze and carry on with their work, top marks to you Sir...:no1b::no1::no1::no1b:

Andy...

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi John

Great jod the detail is outstanding.

Vaughan.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
A blast from the past, thanks fellas. This is before i found that single link tracks are fun to make lol. It's nice to see some of my old threads pop up from time to time.

Have fun, John

T

tommy1drop

Hi John

Excellent work mate, the ground work is spot on, and i love big cats, top job.

Tom

B

Boldman

Nice find, its good to dig through the old posts for gems like this. Mind you have I have one minor gripe which is something I see on a lot of dioramas is the model is "floating" above the road whereas its a heavy bugger and should have sunk into the road a little... That aside the rest of the composition is superb