Officer Royal Fusiliers 1811

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi friends.

I thought I would show another of my figures(hope you are not getting bored)

This is a full 200mm figure from MMM.

The jacket and trousers were airbrushed.the metalics were acrylic.

The rest is oil over acrylic.

All the best.

Ralph.

DSCF1030.JPG

DSCF1034.JPG

DSCF1037.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
stunning work Ralph,white and red,two of the hardest colors to paint and your done

them so very well,real like his face as well,great look and like the tones,and you

have given life to him,with his eyes as well,just surperb,do real enjoy seeing,your

work, :D

F

Fenlander

Getting bored? How could anyone be bored at looking at work like this? Simply stunning Ralph, I for one will never get bored of seeing your art.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
stunning work Ralph,white and red,two of the hardest colors to paint and your done
them so very well,real like his face as well,great look and like the tones,and you

have given life to him,with his eyes as well,just surperb,do real enjoy seeing,your

work, :D
Thank you for the great comments Monica. :smiling3:

Always enjoy reading your comments:smiling3:

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Getting bored? How could anyone be bored at looking at work like this? Simply stunning Ralph, I for one will never get bored of seeing your art.
Thank you for the kind words Graham. :smiling3:

I'm glad you'll never get bored:smiling3:.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Stunning Ralph , i just dont know how you do it . You mentioned oils over acrylic , what exactly does that entail? One of these days I'm going to pluck up the courage to have a go at a figure and im interested in all the different methods , cheers tony

D

demon

Stunning I can't comprehend how you do skin

I have an idea how do you feel about doing a build step by step so those like me with absolutely no experience of figure painting might be able to join in

Just an idea

Roger

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Keep em coming Ralph. You know we can never be bored with such quality of model painting..
Next

Awesome!!!

Robert
Thank you for the very kind words Robert. :smiling3:

Always nice to read your comments.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Stunning Ralph , i just dont know how you do it . You mentioned oils over acrylic , what exactly does that entail? One of these days I'm going to pluck up the courage to have a go at a figure and im interested in all the different methods , cheers tony
Thank you for the kind words Tony. :smiling3:

As for oils over acrylic.

As an example..the colour blue.I paint the area I need to paint with an acrylic blue(as close to the blue that I want)I then use oil's to paint over this blue adding highlight and shade.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Stunning I can't comprehend how you do skin
I have an idea how do you feel about doing a build step by step so those like me with absolutely no experience of figure painting might be able to join in

Just an idea

Roger
Thank you for the nice comments Roger:smiling3:.

I could do an SBS,but most of my figure painting is aimed at 90mm and above.

I'll put it to the vote.