Oh no not another Lanc'.... Yes but this one is different ! Its the 1/48th job.

I

ian lanc

I've been a little busy just lately i've got to make two ''wheels up Lanc's''so when they are done i can get to having a look around the forum and do a bit of posting.

This Lanc' is made as QB * P NG347 and was in 424 Sqd'. No modding just a nice build,

though making it with closed bomb doors and closed wheel bay doors was a real pain as

they didn't fit neatly together and required fillering out with plasticard.

There has been quite a few QB * P models made with white codes but after several hours searching the codes were red not white ! I nearly did this one white too.

Thanks for looking.

ian.

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Thanks for sharing Ian, brilliant work

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi ian , beautiful work as always, so nice to see one with the wheels up too, and brilliant to see a man at every position! cheers tony

F

Fenlander

Beautiful build Ian, just superb. Must be a nice size in 1:48. Can I ask what kit it is and did the stand come with it?

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another cracker Ian! It's so good to see an aeroplane in it's 'natural' element.

There's been a bit of discussion here the last couple of days about the shortage of pilot/crew figures for aircraft - especially the larger scales. This shows exactly why they should be available! Any manufacturers out there listening?

I take it this is one of the Tamiya 1/48s? Where did the crew figures come from?

Gern

I

ian lanc

\ said:
Beautiful build Ian, just superb. Must be a nice size in 1:48. Can I ask what kit it is and did the stand come with it?
Hi Graham.

The kit is made by Tamiya and is available once again in a new version. Its length is 17 inches long and the wingspan is 26 inches wide she's an hefty old Gal'

There isn't any stand supplied with the kit. The stand actually comes from ''CORGI'' the die cast makers

\ said:
Another cracker Ian! It's so good to see an aeroplane in it's 'natural' element.There's been a bit of discussion here the last couple of days about the shortage of pilot/crew figures for aircraft - especially the larger scales. This shows exactly why they should be available! Any manufacturers out there listening?

I take it this is one of the Tamiya 1/48s? Where did the crew figures come from?

Gern
Hello Gern.

This old kit [1975] comes with pilot/navigator/bomb aimer and an officer who stands on the floor with

two fingers and is saying ''start up number two engine''. The new kit comes with a rear gunner but no upper turret gunner ! no idea's why tamiya never added this extra figure in their new kit, my figure is from my spares box. Heres the figures.....

I

ian lanc

Forgot these two pic's with flash on it, looks even better !

Glad you like the old Gal' guys appreciate the comments.

ian.

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
She is beautiful Ian and so graceful, i bet you're running out of space and now you've added one in 1:48 scale lol. Five stars for me mate.

Have fun, John

B

bikerbart

Awsome model...can never see too many Lancs of this quality..thanks for sharing, regards Martin.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Lovely model. I shall be taking a few pointers from it whenever I finally get to mine.

Cheers

Steve

C

Caledonia

Ian, superb build there, very jealous of that flawless masking on the cockpit and gun turrets. 5 Stars from me. Cheers Derek

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Excellent yet again. You sure do like your Lancs! How many are you up to now???

Been looking at this kit for a while now but its after the two Spitfires in 1/32. Well one of them at least!!!

Keep 'em comming.

Ian M

I

ian lanc

\ said:
Excellent yet again. You sure do like your Lancs! How many are you up to now???Been looking at this kit for a while now but its after the two Spitfires in 1/32. Well one of them at least!!!

Keep 'em comming.

Ian M
Hi Ian,

I've lost count i've made over the years and some are boxed up

in my display room i have at least 30 Lanc's on show but these are in all scales.

Since i made this big un' i've been approached by a fella who wants one built up

but is unable to make one due to his hands so i sold it to him ! i regeted this so i've

dragged out another part started / bodged Lanc' kit which is aweful and this one will

be a wheels up version too, though it will be done in different codes and ''PropBlurs'' attached.

Checkout this quality box a crap ! There was mass glue marks everywhere

and who ever tried to make it was a novice, i got it off ebay for £10 :cool2:

Thanks for the coments guys means alot to me.

I

ian lanc

\ said:
Mmmm, think of it as a bit of a challenge....
Graham ! I think the word ''challange'' is a bit understated with that box of bits. I've spent the last week cleaning all the glue marks

off the plastic and re-reviting nearly all the wings and fuselage, i've glued all the nacelles together and even these were massed in

gluey finger print marks, really is a mess !

One problem is that the Navigators side windows have gone white all around the edges were the plonka used too much glue

and for the easiest i'm going to paint them in a sort of glossy black/grey colour to replicate windows, i can't remove the windows

because they are solidly glued in and will destroy the fuselage if i try and take them out.

Have you or any other members painted in windows to look as if they are clear ? Silver isn't an option.

ian.

F

Fenlander

Have to say I haven't had to paint windows but the way they are often depicted in 'artwork' is a graduated blue grey with a highlight. Doubt this would be practical at this scale though. I would go for a blue grey though rather than silver or black, a case of experimenting a bit to see what looks best.

Is there no way of drilling out the glass part and using acetate or even filling the hole with Gator glue and letting it dry clear?

R

Richy C

Wow , stunning work , can`t really say much more than that ,

5 stars from me

Richy

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Absolutely stunning Lancaster, and with figures too. Looks like you've got your work cut out with the new kit!

I echo the 5 star sentiments above

Paul