Oh no not another Lanc'.... Yes but this one is different ! Its the 1/48th job.

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
Window problems

Random thought for you.

Would a sliver of mirror film solve the problem?

Regards

Peter

I

ian lanc

\ said:
Random thought for you.Would a sliver of mirror film solve the problem?

Regards

Peter
Hi Peter.

Whats mirror film ?

ian.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm with Graham on this one, Drill/file them out, then use some thing like Microscale Kristal klear or Gaitor glue (havnt tried it with gaitor my self).

I often use Kristal klear for windows in 1/72 scale boats etc.

Regarding the glue marks and finger prints; Have you tried useing a glass fiber pencil. I found it the best thing for clean ups. Takes the glue real easy and minimal damage, if any to the harder plastic.

Sounds real odd but if there are large blbs of glue, they can be softend up with liquid polly then removed more carfully afterwards.

G

gavchia

Amazing work. I'll have to destroy a whole bunch of kit's before I get that close.

Would love to see how you recover the next Lanc.

I

ian lanc

Hi Guys,

Glad you like my last build :]

Back to the latest build which is quite terrible indeed and i wished i had taken some pictures of the model which were massed in glue, The pilots seat was covered in glue with a un-painted pilot stuck on it and i think who ever tried to build it though more glue the better ! I've had to make my own pilots seat which is made from balsa wood and plasticard. Some glued in internal parts like the nav' table and seats had that much glue on them it just melted through the fuselage. I've sourced a new canopy as the old one was melted too.....lol.

I might just try with the MKK stuff though i'll have to knock out all the windows first.

I've never used a glass fiber pencil infact i think i've never seen one before !

I've skimmed off all the blobs of glue which was everywhere, the underside of the wings was worst.

I'll take a few pictures of how i've got on with this ''melter of a Lanc''

ian.

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
Mirror film

Sorry about the delay replying.

Mirror film is a self adhesive film which has a mirror finish in the face side.

The sort of thing you might see badly applied to the rear windows of a car which has speakers in it which at least double the value of the car. Usually Corsa's or Citroen Saxo's.

They also tend to have a big bore exhaust and be very badly driven.

Slivers off a roll of that that could replace windows for you.

Peter

I

ian lanc

Aha you mean Alloy sticky backed foil....lol

I've got a roll of that stuff so tried it out and it looked just too shinny for my liking so i've gone ahead and bashed out the windows and when the model is completed i'll be making windows from Kristal Klear, hope that turns out ok or the model will be a flop because i've got to like every bit of the model.

The only bit of the model which i haven't yet cleaned up and filled is this section which is under the wing [just look at it] :busted_red:

This is the scratch made pilots seat.

P

premacy10

what a masterpiece! Please tell this novice modeller how you have got the paint so smooth and how you painted the frames on the glass.

Regards

Tony