Ok Quiz time!!!

A

AerynPk

Hello folks we haven't had one of these in a long time. I hope you enjoy it.

1.Alfred Nobel, the man after whom the Nobel Prizes are named, was originally well known for inventing what?

2.On a standard dart board, what is the lowest number that cannot Be scored with a single dart?

3.Which politician was once replaced by a tub of lard on the TV show Have I Got News For You?

4.What is the most common colour that appears in the flags of the world?

5. In movies, who directed the Godfather trilogy?

6. What is the name of the parliament of the Isle of Man?

7. Which American state is known as the Sunshine State?

8. What was the name of Elvis Presley’s manager?

9. By which nickname was Edward Teach better known?

10. Who wrote The Canterbury Tales?

11. In what year was the Bank of England founded?

B

Bunkerbarge

Well done Char, I used to like the quizzes! The best one you ever did was the picture quiz but let's see how we do with this:

1) Dynamite

2) 22

3) Roy Hattersley

4) I would say white but strictly speaking white is not a colour so it would then say red.

5) Francis Ford Coppola

6) Tinwald

7) Florida

8) Colonel Tom Parker

9) Blackbeard

10) Chaucer

11) 1694

Thanks Char, be gentle with me!!

B

Bunkerbarge

Now you've got me. Everything from 1-20 can be scored with a single dart and 21 is treble seven so the lowest number that cannot be scored with a single dart must be 22 surely?

R

rjwood_uk

surley its 3? 3 darts in 1. or it is 6. one dart in 1, one dart in double 1 and one in trebble 1?

youv got me miffed as well

A

alan2525

Isn't 61 the lowest number that can't be scored with a single dart, you could score treble 20 with one dart but would need 2 darts for 61.

B

Bunkerbarge

The question is:

"what is the lowest number that cannot Be scored with a single dart?"

Not the lowest or highest number that can be

I still cannot see how the answer cannot be 22 unless it is a trick of some sort.

22 can't be scored with a single dart and that is the lowest number that you can say that with. All other numbers lower than 22 can be scored with a single dart.

B

Bunkerbarge

Bugger!!, course you can, what an idiot.

So it must be 23!

A

AerynPk

\ said:
Now you've got me. Everything from 1-20 can be scored with a single dart and 21 is treble seven so the lowest number that cannot be scored with a single dart must be 22 surely?
Not according to my sources of the internet

R

rjwood_uk

so basically there bunkers got the whole quiz right! lol

A

AerynPk

I didnt see the 23 post by bunker. Sorry mate yeah Bunker got it right. My internet is playing up today.