Old thunder streak kit 1/72

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
View attachment 81276

Hi folks in between figures I have being trying to rescue this old kid off an auction site it came with no decals so I have had to throw some spare ones at it. I'm calling it done as it's fully built with only a few obvious finishing touches it was cheap as chips and kept me busy for a while.it was a nice practice piece as I have a 1/48 scale to do but waiting to improve 1st so thanks for looking and any comments cheers JohnView attachment 81277

View attachment 81278

View attachment 81279

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

R

Ray Scheller

Can't ask for anything more than that. A great plane some decals and some fun putting them on. Now you can sit back and enjoy. By the way it was a good find. I like rescuing models off of eBay and through a little work on my part they become an extension off my imagination.

Ray

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Correct decals or not that looks fantastic John ! Bring on the 1/48 I say!!!! Top work mate , cheers tony

First Name
Gregg
A thing of beauty, great build and paint!

Gregg

O

omi1966

Are we related john ? We do figures, when we have spare tIme we throw IN a plane lovley job on the shinney jet looks bigger than its scale, well done mate.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Dunno Martin anythings possible as my dad was abit of a rogue in his day but at 77 years young he's calmed down a little now :smiling3: I did the plane as it needed some tlc unloved in a crumpled box with no decals couldn't help myself in attempting to rescue it . I love trying to restore things to their former glory bit like my 1930s house always doing jobs in and around it but I feel it could be a never ending task .i would have loved to have been a car or house restorer but missed my vocation I think . thanks everyone for your kind comments which help spur me onto the next build regards John ;)

First Name
Mike
Looks very nice John, can't go wrong with a 50's Cold War jet ;) I take it this is the old Italeri 1/72 kit? My guess is that the stars and bars would have had the red stripe on them for this era, but if that's all you had in the spares box fair enough, still looks good (For future reference you've got the markings on upside down, the star should point upwards)