On The Offensive

0ne48thtel

This one is now complete and it is another I have really enjoyed doing. The Marder III is the old revell kit and was built OOB. The mortar team is form Tamiya and was also OOB apart from things like helmet/weapon straps.These were made from good old insulation tape painted the appropriate colour. The base was constructed using MDF,balsa wood and tile grout.

The vegetation is model railways stuff and although a bit more expensive the grass was from woodland scenics. As this looks more like hay when you by it I painted it different shades of green it was then held over pools of ballast fix and left to fall as it wanted. This process was used for varying lengths. All comments as usual are welcome

127.JPG

128.JPG

134.JPG

135.JPG

137.JPG

138.JPG

139.JPG

141.JPG

145.JPG

146.JPG

147.JPG

148.JPG

149.JPG

F

Fenlander

You have to admire the action in this scene Terry, very nicely done.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
That looks really good terry , I really like that mortar team , nice one

D

demon

Oh I wish I could do faces like yours very good vegetation love the brass shell case colour as well

Roger

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
That is a great dio Terry. It really does show those guys on the offensive....... the figures are very well done and positioned...... great use of the foliage.........Absolutely nailed it..... :smiling3:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Well done Terry, a great action packed dio

Lee :smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
fantastic,scene Terry,I do real like this one,all very well paint,great work,and all the

foliage looks great,very well blended and good placement with the crews,, ;)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Foliage, the figures and the accessories all come together to create a real action packed scene. Great build Terry.

D

Doug Hughes

Really good, Terry - I love the composition, and the faces

0ne48thtel

Thank you all for your kind comments as ever they are much appreciated.

0ne48thtel

\ said:
Oh I wish I could do faces like yours very good vegetation love the brass shell case colour as well
Roger
Roger my faces aren't that good mate they could still do with improvement I have started using a base colour hen building up with washes. It can be time consuming but patience is the key. The same for the uniforms patience patience patience.