P 47 Thunderbolt "arkansas Blitz"

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy guys,

Its me again with another of my recent "late night" builds. This time its ARII's 1:48th scale P 47 Thunderbolt "Arkansas Blitz".

Now the decals are aftermarket and sadly I threw away the packaging so I dont remember who the manufacturer of the decals were. However, I chose these particular decals because....well.... I live in Arkansas (USA). I have several models with Arkansas "ties".

The Arkansas Air National guard has flown many Aircraft thru the years, Most of them being stationed at what is now The Jacksonville, Arkansas Air Force Base (The Largest C 130 Base in the world) or at Ft Smith, Arkansas. Along with C 130's, there have been B 58 Hustlers, B 47 Stratojets, F 101 Voodoo's, B 52 Stratofortress', F 16 Fighting Falcons and now A 10 Thunderbolt II's (Warthogs). The F 16's and the A 10's are known as the "Fighting Razorbacks".

For those of you who are not familiar with Arkansas, the State college mascot is the Arkansas Razorback, a Razorback being a wild or "feral Hog".

Anyway, enough state history, heres the model:

I ran out of sunlight today, so thats probably all I will get posted tonight, but there is always tomorrow.

Have a good evening,

Greg

B

Bunkerbarge

Greg, once agin the use of your drive as a backdrop is perfect for showing off the model. The model looks as though it is on a hard stand in the middel of a forest and from your angle it all seems to be in scale.

Great pictures.