Paint mix help

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
I'm building a couple of Revell kits and the camo colours listed are a mix of two, presumably Revell enamal paint, colours.

Is it possible to get the mixed colours as a pre mixed paint, preferably Vallejo, as this is my paint of choice.

I've had a look in the Vallejo website, but as I'm not sure what the colours look like I'm unsure which one would be the correct, or at least near enough, one.

The colours listed are for the Mirage -

I 50% matt gray and 50% matt white, and

M 25% matt blue and 75% matt light grey

And for the Phantom -

E 75% matt bronze green and 25% matt yellow

J 90% matt bronze green and 10% matt yellow

Any help would be gratefully received.

Tony.

T

tufty

hi tony

i would suggest that you ask john on the chale model shop link he is a very helpful person and he has got all the vallejo range just click on the link on the banner you can get his phone number off the site ,give him a call and he will sort you out

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Don't have a clue with Revell paints. If these are for the Mirage and the Phantom in you new build thread, then we can conclude to a colour.

The Mirage is French AF so the colours are probable Blue grey and Light Blue grey. That Tiger is a well photographed bird, and finding a photo to match a colour from must be easy enough....

Mk1 eyeball. vallejo model color 943 Azul Gris. and 906 pale blue. or 907 pale blue grey.

Have not sussed out the Phantom yet, is it a Gerry?

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
It is Ian, the distructions call it a RF-4E Phantom II AG-52 "NATO Tigermeet 1991", and thanks for the info on the Mirage.

Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
OK the Phantom is painted in NATO norm 83b "lizard" camo. So the greens are all nato ones... That narrows it down a bit.

RAL 6003 olive green thats would be Vallejo model color 890 reflective green

RAL 7021 black grey (nato black?) vallejo mc 862 black grey

FS 34079 forest green. Valeljo mc 893 US dark Green

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Thanks mate, that's brilliant.

Tony.