papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
H

hoggatt

fantastic ian i love it,

would there have been any marks/scrapes on the tarmac/concrete?

great work though Five *s from me buddy.

shane

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent job Ian....It was a brave build to undertake, and you've managed it very nicely thank you!

Plenty of action. Yep, I like it......Very well done.

I must confess to loosing the buzz with my 'crashed' build, but seeing yours has given me a bit of spark to get back to it!!!

Cheers,

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
M

mobear

well well well,makes mine look amatuer,all the work thats been done on this makes it outstanding,got to be the best i have seen 5 stars doesn`t seem to enough

mobear

H

hoggatt

i love picture 22, where the detail in the split it awesome , it looks so real..

shane

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is bloody brilliant! Lots to see and all very well thought out.

Five very well earned stars from me as well.

Ian M

P

Polux

What a great dio Ian!!

I don't know what to say...

It seems to me, that you have enjoyed very much with it!! It is obvious and this makes it even better!!!

Very good photos!!

Big 5* from me too!!!

Cheers

Polux

A

AJay

Well nice, the battle damaged rudders especially. I also love the detail of the broken wing's interior structure. A lot to look at and I imagine a lot of hard work. An easy big, bootiful 5*****s

C

CDW

Brilliant Ian, really well planned out and completed.

I love the little fire truck especially, really looks the part.

Definitely a ***** job.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A masterpiece Ian 5*

Vaughan

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Many thanks everyone for the nice comments i realy did enjoy building this diorama and Shane your point about the marks and scrapes on the runway are taken onboard i never gave it a thought still fairly new to this diorama building

A

AJay

So where do you keep this diorama for safe keeping and viewing, Ian?

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Alex well its sat in a display cabinet in my sons bedroom with the rest iv'e built since joining this forum last year

H

hoggatt

\ said:
Many thanks everyone for the nice comments i realy did enjoy building this diorama and Shane your point about the marks and scrapes on the runway are taken onboard i never gave it a thought still fairly new to this diorama building
It was ment as a good point not a bad mate, I have never built one before and you have some amazing detail there.. I wasn't looking for mistakes or anything it was just something I noticed, again great work buddy

Shane

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Shane i never took it as a bad criticism glad you pointed it out mate we all learn and if its not pointed out how can we. To behonest i never take any criticism to heart just take it onboard and move on happy modeling

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I said before you'd been and gone and ruined a perfectly good Lanc! No worries though 'cos you've turned it into a superb dio! ***** from me too.

Gern

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Wonderful work Ian. The bullet holes and exposed framework are really well done. I quite liked the finish on the ambulance and fire engine too.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi ian , just caught up with this one , fantastic work mate! Theres so much going on and so much added details ,its just great. I always remember seeing the old airfix emergency vehicles set and thinking they looked good but this is the first time ive actually seen them used , and to such great effect , 5 *from me too, cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Brilliant job. But I do wonder how long you paused, with the saw in hand over the wing before finally going for it !