Pegasus Bridge Diorama Scene

First Name
Aaron
Wicked dio man. I like your style, Love the scratchwork. The sandbags look the biz as does the panzer iv

Your faces have nice detail and the mist on the river is classic.

Awesome job er..bspnick

D

dubster72

That's very good Nick. The figures are excellently painted & the details such as the barbed wire & river mist are very clever! There's a real sense of action in the scene.

I'd like to see a couple of photos of the whole thing, might be difficult as it looks pretty big!

Cheers

Patrick

W

wellsyman

love this diorama man!! is the mist photo edited ?? cheers Steven

M

mobear

this is absolutely amazing,its like a scene from call of duty the pc game.5*s from me

mobear

P

Polux

Welcome to the forum Bsp???

Very nice diorama!! Remember me the film "A brigde so far".

Regards

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
A very nice diorama superbly executed remembering quite a feat of arms by the 2nd Ox and Bucks,along with Royal Engineers and of course the glider pilots.

Cheers

Steve

P

Plastickitbasher

Wow stunning awesome work fella, would love to more photo's

It must have taken you ages to complete this dio

T

tecdes

Very nice scene bsnick.

Sailed up the river there to Caen some years ago. Quite a scene & contrast. Now just a quiet backwater it was so peaceful. The bridge at that time was due for removal & some modern thing being put in. Amazing & unsual to see it roll to open & allow boat access. There was also talk of removing the cafe on the banks there, perhaps rebuilding. Do not know if this was carried out.

It was orignally the Benouville Bridge after the name of the adjacent village. Very aptly re-named the Pegasus Bridge from the badge insignia of the British Forces.

Laurie

Edit. Found that the original bridge is now a museum piece & that is very nice for such an historic moment.

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Stunning work, picture No 8 with flare and fog just blows me away. Well done.

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A very warm welcome to the forum, and what a way to introduce yourself!

What a superb diorama.....

Class work and no mistake. Really nice with great photo shots.

I could pile on more superlatives, but I will let the pictures do that!

Big 5.

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bspnick

WOW! What a warm welcome and unexpected praise for the (our) diorama.

My diorama partner Alex and I have a passion for this kinda' stuff.

The mist on the water is poly fiber which was slightly smoothed out during the editing process.

We use a smoke machine to get certain misty effects also in our other numerous dioramas which we have created throughout the years.

We like to mix scale sizes in our dioramas also to give them depth.

A great example of that is in our WWII, Pointe Du Hoc diorama which can be posted if you guys have an interest in it.

I'm not sure if there is a photo of the entire Pegasus Bridge diorama, I'll have to do a little investigative work.

You guys are great!

Thanks again for all of your kind words.

bspnick:bounce:

B

beav1013

yea, that's pretty amazing. i would love to see a full size pic of this monster. and i'm pretty sure everyone's interested in seeing a point du hoc diorama you made.

First Name
Michael
WOW!!! Fantastic work, love it. Its all action.

Welcome to the forum.M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
Stunning work, picture No 8 with flare and fog just blows me away. Well done.
The sentry who fired the warning flare was engaged and shot by Lt.Brotheridge who himself died that night of wounds received in the bridge assault. He became the first allied soldier to die as a result of enemy action on D-Day.

Lest we forget.

Steve

K

Keith9657

A stunning diorama indeed. I was in Benouville last week and its a very good representation of the scene.

Keith

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Very nice modelling work.

I would rather that the bulk of the pictures show the raw, non-post effect pictures. This is after all a model forum. A few of the after effects pictures are most welcome.

Ian M

B

bspnick

\ said:
Very nice modelling work. I would rather that the bulk of the pictures show the raw, non-post effect pictures. This is after all a model forum. A few of the after effects pictures are most welcome.

Ian M
3 out of the 7 are "raw" and if you take away the mist or gun fire and the rawness is all their to see Mr. Muddle. The only things added is the gun fire in one photo and mist but the mist is actually poly fiber that was blurred in the editing process. Mostly all of our work is raw as raw can be. We even have our own process of creating raw water.

We use professional lights and an expensive HD camera which help produce an exceptional phot. I guess.

Thanks Mr. Muddle and to all who appreciate our work. There's plenty more if you guys are interested.

There is a lot of talent on this web site which is far better than what we do.

Stay well.

Nick AKA bspnick

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That is fabulous!

The best thing for me is the story telling in the shots - there really is a sense of a story unfolding. Well done both!

I suspect that there isn't a 'whole diorama' as such, as a full span of the bridge in 1/35 would be about 4' long! not to mention the street on the other side. Personally I don't care, i think you've probably used forced perspective with different scales and other set ups but it's the finished shots that matter. Ultimately you've arrived at a set of photographs that really are atmospheric and have a compelling narrative. The figure painting is fabulous as is the pose and expression of each figure.

One question I do have is: Did the Paras at Benouville really have a dinghy? It's a genuine question as I wasn't aware that they mined the bridge from the canal. You may have possibly placed it there to add more interest to the build - either way it looks fabulous and adds to the drama.

Great stuff - I've really enjoyed the pics:emo1:

All the best