Perfect canopies/windows...etc

R

rjwood_uk

Use Johnsons Klear,

Pour some in a suitable size container (depending on the size of the piece you want to use with it)

dip the pice of clear plastic in

drain

cover with a lid

sit on plastic sheet to dry overnight

By doing this you get rid of the "plasticy" look and the result is a glass-looking piece!

You can also use Johnsons Klear to stick the canopy/window on which will avoid the "misting" caused by the fumes or poly-ciment.

View attachment 13817

P1010278.jpg

P

Pogo

Ive used this method for a while to attach canopies.Its clean and safe .

R

rjwood_uk

there we go guys its assured...clean, and safe!!!...and cheap!!!

well worth it, unfortunatly i have only just heard of this stuff myself, too late to use it on my spit for the group build, but i had some spare canopies from it so i baught some from sains***y's for £2 something and tested it out.it brilliant stuff.

well worth it, so i thought i would put it up as a tip for any newbys to the hobby.

hope it comes in use!

G

GEEDUBBYA

Howdy Mike,

Yes we have that here in the states. I am not sure if "Future" floor wax is by Johnsons or not, if not, it also works. However, they may be one and the same.

have a good day,

Greg

B

Bazza

The Future is bright.

Yes, you are absolutely right - Future and Kleer are one and the same thing and both made by Johnson. This product is also marketed as "Klir", "Solls Plus", "Pronto", "Wipe and Shine" and "GloCot" depending on whether you are in France, Belgium, Germany, Argentina or Czech Republic. Apparently in Taiwan it is known as "Bi-Fu-Le" (must-rich-happy), strangely in China it is known as "Future".

It is absolutely brilliant stuff. When applied to both sides of a piece of clear poly it makes it appear thinner and clearer, it also helps to hide minor scratches.

Also use as a sealant before applying decals ( is that an american term, always knew them as transfers when i was a kid).

You can also apply it with your airbrush at about 15psi, thin it as necessary with about 25% Isopropyl Alcohol.

You can also mix Future with Acrylic Paints for a semi-gloss finish.

You can add it to Talcum Powder to make a quick drying seam filler that is hard but sands easy.

Create your own transparent colors by adding food coloring.

For those Gold tinted canopies on jet fighters try adding a few drops of Acrylic Gold to a couple of teaspoons of Future.

Use it as a release agent for making your own moulds.

In all aplications it is vital to allow a full 24hrs for drying time.

If you mess up you can always remove Future with ammonia or Windolene.

There endeth the first lesson.

L

Lips McGee

Thanks much to all of you. I appreciate the help. I've never dabbled with future, but I like to try what others are doing. In the event I find myself in Taiwan on some deployment though, I'll know to ask for the must-rich-happy!