Peter's Polar lights 1/350 Uss Enterprise -A and full lighting kit

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
This is the version from the first movie, right, rather than the TV show?

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wild stuff Peter!!! With your build speed and the size of this kit, I figure it will be finished in about 2 weeks Sir....Just saying.....

Prost
Allen

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Wild stuff Peter!!! With your build speed and the size of this kit, I figure it will be finished in about 2 weeks Sir....Just saying.....

Prost
Allen
Its probably going to take me a few days just to collect the other bits and pieces before I even think of getting started.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Wow, that’s a lot of stuff. Especially all the electronics — what are all those ICs for? Blinking the lights in certain patterns?

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter

Prost
Allen
Nice, shall be following.

Are there decals for the Aztec'ing, or do you have to mask and paint?
I will follow along.
Wow, that’s a lot of stuff. Especially all the electronics — what are all those ICs for? Blinking the lights in certain patterns?
yea Peter this should be a good build as i also have built this kit but i dint have the azteken keep plenty of pic comin
chrisb
Thanks everyone I have had a good study at the instructions and it will keep me busy for a long time.
I have posted a link to the YouTube video of the exact same kit so you know what I am aiming for.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Again Peter after several tries i got to see the vid an very good it was too an im really lookin forward to see how you fare building this kit as ive never hardly seen that aztekin done proberly but it should look great pity my kit dint have it but i bought my kit when it first came out by polar light an led's were only just begining to come out but that was about 20 yrs ago an be very carefull of how you fit on that massive saucer section as its really heavy an the kits plastic pins wont hold all that so you will need some internal bracein up the neck i used brass box section but really looking forward to this build
chrisb

First Name
Andy
Always been a big Star Trek fan, don't envy you with all that lighting to fit though.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Always been a big Star Trek fan, don't envy you with all that lighting to fit though.

Andy.
well Andy ive built that kit also an lit it up an it took me a yr an a half but what a kit it was an still got mine standin on top of the telly sometime all lit up as mine is powered by the mains eletric as nr 100 lights in her an big about a metre long like peter said its big an its my fav enterprise as out of all the enterprises i think this movie vershion looks the most realistic of what a starship would be like an a freind his wife wanted to buy it for their son as they see it all lit up an offered me £ 500 for her but for me its the enterprise so no i would not sell an they were dissapionted but said sorry to them an havnt seen them since oh dear an Peters kit should be better than mine as he has all the proper lightin for it with strobe an flashin leds an such an aztectin decals wow it will be a cracker when built
chrisb

chrisb

Last edited: