Petes bare metal A320 (i hope)

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I used to live and work in Toulouse and still go there and to Hamburg for work occasionally. I don't know if any airlines operate A320's in bare metal finish but on the assembly lines they are usually in primer with the exceptions being the fin and engine nacelles in the airlines' livery, while the wings are delivered in their finished gloss light aircraft grey. You can see an example here - http://www.airplane-pictures.net/photo/277564/f-wwdc-tam-airbus-a320/ . They usually get their final paint job just before going to the delivery centre.

Some airlines that operate bare metal aircraft do so not just for aesthetic reasons but for weight saving. In the future it will become less common to see bare metal airframes because more and more aircraft are being made from composoites, e.g. Boeing 787 and Airbus A350 & A320neo.

Nice rendition of bare metal on your A320 by the way.

First Name
Gregg
What did you use for the metallic finish Peter, looks ok to my eyes!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks great Peter , well done, o_O

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Very striking peter I got me an AB so I might give that a bash , I always have problems with brush painting silver

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Very striking peter I got me an AB so I might give that a bash , I always have problems with brush painting silver
Give humbrols 191 chrome spray can a go thats what i used.

Peter t

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
Give humbrols 191 chrome spray can a go thats what i used.Peter t
Cheers for the advice peter I was going to use the acrylic :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Lovely looking A320 Peter. Swiss went bust, I believe Swiss International Airlines, the successor to Swissair is owned by Lufthansa now days. Maybe they couldn't afford paint :P