“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start Peter, looks great,

will be keeping an eye on this one,

D

dubster72

Ah this is a sight for sore eyes - the Hurricane doesn't get built enough & whilst I don't claim to be an expert, I think this is the aircraft that won us the BoB (IMHO)

Looking forward to seeing more Peter

B

Bunkerbarge

When the Airfix 1/24th Spitfire first came out it blew everyone away basically by it's sheer size. So much so that everyone forgave it it's deficiencies of poor fit and lack of detail as we still loved the size and therefore the ability to attend to scratch built detail that had never before been considered. Remember this was at a time when 1/72nd offerings were supplying a blob of a pilot that sat on a pair of transverse pins in a completely bare cockpit!.

Then the time came to rethink the Spit's deficiencies and the 109 was significantly better but the even later Hurricane was actually a really good kit with much better internal detail such as the gun bays and wheel wells. It still is a cracking kit and stands up well against many modern models.

I'm looking forward to watching this one as I still really love the Airfix 1/24th scale aircraft series as they all take me back to my youth.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

A large scale build! Nice engines too. I will be following this as I am thinking of getting a 1:24 scale model soon as I have never built one before. (The largest I have built is 1:32)

John

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work Peter, looks great, :D like the colors look spot on

look forward to next update

M

mobear

hi pete i`m watching this with interest from a distance,love the engine so far

N

noble

\ said:
This is how its going so far the engine and cock pit assemblys have been finished,painted and joined ready for the installation in to the fuesalage.And unsally for an airfix no fit issues.

Peter t

N

noble

Hi Pete the cockpit and merlin look very cool I remember having this kit as a young man.

scott

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Coming along great guns Peter, like this, wonderful work so far.

Si:smiling3: