Pete's "Toons" Collection

• Thread starter Deleted member 7237
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 7237

Glad you have given us the chance to see them all together Pete.
Certainly put them in a show, having this many different models show the skill with the build and the thought that has gone into taking them to this level .
Good luck .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
John.
Superb Pete.
Big yes to putting them in a show
John.
Thank you John, I said I would show them and am pleased you like them, most people on here could take them to this level and thank you for the input to the question :thumb2:.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

They look really cool, if it was me I'd be proud of these and definitely show them. Might look at doing something like this myself, I wonder if they do cars, I'll have to look.
Cheers Mark pleased you like them, if you do build any please post some pic's would be good to see someone else's take on them.
Pete.

Jon Heptonstall

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jon
Not everyone 's cup of tea Pete but having said that they do look excellent. Definitely should be entered and definitely deserve an award I think. I think the lego heads don't do them any service though.
Jon.

First Name
Michael
provided they fit within a category, I wouldn't hesitate to show them. They're as well built and painted (if not better) than many standard models. You 'may' get some comments though as not everyone (like me) 'get' toon kits but that doesn't detract from the level of workmanship thats obviously gone into them. I tend to agree with Jon, though, don't think the Lego heads do anything for the models. Are there no toon figures that would be more appropriate? Might be a market for certain manufactures in the same way as Tamiya and Mini-Art figures.

D

Deleted member 7237

Not everyone 's cup of tea Pete but having said that they do look excellentDefinitely should be entered and definitely deserve an award I think. I think the lego heads don't do them any service though.
Jon.
Hi Jon you are definitely right about not being everyone's cup of tea I've had many a discussion good and bad on the subject.
Interesting point you make about the Lego heads most people seem to like like them but everyone entitled to your own opinion. Thank you for taking the time to have a look.
Pete.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Fantastic models.Really love them all.Made me smile and be great on display at shows.
Jolly well done Pete.
Richard

Reactions: JR
First Name
Stuart
Great collection there Pete. have done a couple of the Toon series - the Tiger and Firefly. Great fun to do and certainly get the juices flowing particularly like the calliope!

D

Deleted member 7237

Fantastic models.Really love them all.Made me smile and be great on display at shows.
Jolly well done Pete.
Richard
Hi Richard thanks for the very nice comment, they will be on display at Folkstone so if you get bored you take a quick look.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

Great collection there Pete. have done a couple of the Toon series - the Tiger and Firefly. Great fun to do and certainly get the juices flowing particularly like the calliope!
Cheers Stuart I agree they fun I just a bit carried away with mine, would be nice to see your ones your have to post some pictures.
Pete.

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter,
The toon vehicles are well worth showing but I'm with Jon the LEGO heads reduce the end result.
regards Jim

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Fantastic work, and I love the scratch work and alterations on them! Definitely be great to see at a show. My opinion is the lego heads don't add to the build, and detract from your painstaking work. But just my opinion. If you think they belong, then they belong.

Great to see them all.

Jack

D

Deleted member 7237

Fantastic work, and I love the scratch work and alterations on them! Definitely be great to see at a show. My opinion is the lego heads don't add to the build, and detract from your painstaking work. But just my opinion. If you think they belong, then they belong.

Great to see them all.

Jack
Thank you Jack very happy you like all the scratch work and alterations on them it makes them different to orther "Toons" out there.
Pete.

D

Deleted member 7237

Hi Stuart very nice work indeed it makes a change to see the tiger in panzer gray :thumb2: and to see them presented on bases, especially like the tiger base.
Well done, are you going to make anymore in the future if so I for one would like to see them, thank you for sharing.
Pete.

First Name
Stuart
Hi Stuart very nice work indeed it makes a change to see the tiger in panzer gray :thumb2: and to see them presented on bases, especially like the tiger base.
Well done, are you going to make anymore in the future if so I for one would like to see them, thank you for sharing.
Pete.
Certainly like to do a few more and I might have a crack at doing a Calliope after seeing yours as it makes a more interesting subject than a standard Sherman! Do you know if you can actually buy the Toon figures, had a look but couldn't find any as these would make a great addition as well!