Pilot Required

S

Skyraider

Hi All,

I was pointed at this form by the chaps from www.semodels.com I am currently building a 1/10th scale radio controlled Douglas A-1 Skyraider see http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/thread.php?forumid=84754&threadid=604661 The problem I have is that I can not get a 1/10 scale pilot most the pilots sold in R/C model shops are only head and shoulders and the full body are 1/8th to ¼ size I need a 1/10th fighter pilot full body to fit in the cockpit, dose any one know of such a item in the world plastic scale modelling.

Regards

Stuart.

B

Bunkerbarge

Stuart,

I'm afraid I can't help but I have to say that is a seriously superb model. Thanks for the link, very interesting.

I hope you find a figure, I suspect Wonwinglo may well have some suggestions when he reads your post.

S

Skyraider

Hi The chaps I spoke to did say if you lot did not know where to get one then there is not such a thing.

thanks

Stuart.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
The only place for pilots is-'Petes pilots',he is a member here but a very busy chap producing different pilot figures for all over the world,just key Petes pilots into your browser and you will find him,nothing to touch them.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Note the extensive use of Lego Bricks in the build process on that lovely Skyraider,also lots of those old scales weights,I love seeing other peoples work benches,I steal ideas !

B

Bluewavestudios

Hello Skyraider,

A.H Designs do (or used to) a 1/10th Fighter Pilot which Goes down to his knees and will include both hands, one on a control stick. These are very light as they are latex rubber stuffed with Cotton wool and use a balsa base. One of these will be perfect for your model as you won't see much further down than that....They come plain or ready painted...I have had 2 of these for my Apache.

Very Nice Model by the way, A real work of art....Should look impressive in the air.

Contact A.H. Designs at:

AH Designs

Rhydyfoel Road, Llanddulas

Abergele

Conwy

LL22 8EG

Tel: 01492 512765

Fax: 01492 512662

Internet: http://www.thepilotpeople.co.uk/

Regards........Mark

R

rjwood_uk

absolutly lovely model there mate!!!!

hope you manage to get a figure the right size!

...nice to know squiffy is heading people in our direction!!!

S

Skyraider

Hi All both Petes Pilots and A.H Designs do do nice Pilots but not for 1/10th scale

Stuart

First Name
Grahame
If you haven’t contacted Pete Richardson as yet it might be worthwhile doing so; I know he used to do 1/10th scale full body pilots because I had 2 for a Stuka a few years back. He advertises a much reduced range now but he may still be able to help.

S

Sky Raider

R/C Pilots

If anyone is looking for a pilot i have found a great site, the pilots actally move and have so much detail its unbeleivable, from sunglasses to pocket pen knife. The site shows a video, this is amazing and the price is a give away.www.scaleaircrewsupplies.co.uk/pilotsAs i am new to all of this and building a scale Thunderbolt, i wondered if anyone can point me towards a good illustrated book on hints ands tips regarding scale building, things like how to create rivits etc...Skyraider