Presentation to forum members

Pancho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Joaquim
My name is Joaquim Pancho, I'm 53 years old and I live in Bicesse, parish of Alcabideche, municipality of Cascais.

I'm a police officer and have been posted to the Cascais Division since 1996, the year I came from Porto after six months of service in that city.

I am also a visual artist, as I paint in watercolor and oil and last September of this year it appeared in a French art magazine called ART4ANY, (unfortunately it is only for sale on Amazon).

In addition to painting, I have this passion for model building, which was passed on to me by my older brother, when he was in the Portuguese Air Force, and I also followed in his footsteps by volunteering in 1990, serving 4 years of service. I was stationed there for 1 year in Sintra in 1991, where I watched, so to speak, the end of the Wings of Portugal, the famous T-37, after the terrible accident involving captain José Pinto, when he was carrying out some maneuvers and the wings of the device broke. Tests carried out on the remaining planes in the squadron revealed that they all had micro cracks in the wings, putting an end to the Asas de Portugal, which left us with many memories.

Having said that, I headed to Monte Real, where I was working on our old A7 and at the end of my time in the Air Force, I was also able to witness the arrival of the first four F-16s.

Of course, as you may have already calculated that my preference is for 1/72 scale planes, but I also like collecting prototypes and models relating to space conquest, but I rule out science fiction, although I would really like to have a model of the Eagle from Space series 1999.

But, I'm here to learn new techniques, new products, brands with you and of course admire the work of all the members, as I'm a person who values this type of work, whether or not I was connected to the arts.

That's all for now, a big hug to everyone and thank you for accepting me.

Well done

Joaquim Pancho
Mais sobre o texto originalÉ necessário fornecer o texto original para ver mais informações sobre a tradução
Enviar feedback
Painéis laterais
Histórico
Salvas
Contribuir

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A warm welcome Joaquim. I am sure you will enjoy the forum. I look forward to seeing some of your models.

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Joaquim. I had the pleasure of visiting Cascais a couple of years ago while sailing down the coast of Portugal and into the Med. The best Bacalao ever.

John

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
An illuminating introduction Joaquim - I'm sure you'll enjoy being part of this excellent forum (and Steve isn't really my name - honest!) Good to welcome you!
Steve

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Welcome Joaquim, a great place for anything model related. From amateurs like myself to those seriously talented.

Pancho

SMF Supporter
First Name
Joaquim
Welcome Joaquim. I had the pleasure of visiting Cascais a couple of years ago while sailing down the coast of Portugal and into the Med. The best Bacalao ever.

John

John
Hello John and to all of you who received me so warmly.

John is without a doubt the best cod you can eat. It's our tradition and as we like to say, cod is our faithful friend, especially at Christmas. It is our custom to eat cod on Christmas Eve.
At the moment I'm building our new house and all I can do is show you my purchases, since I don't have a place to assemble my models.

I'll start by showing you a Soyus model that my brother gave me last year.

Until then, thank you for your support.
Joaquim Pancho

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Welcome aboard Juaquim, look forward to seeing your builds. Best place to learn...I know I have.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble