PzKpwf II Luchs 1:25 Wak

J

Johnny

I had a really lazy shift last night.....

I did a try to apply some polished metal on the tracks.

Here you can see I have started. But I wonder if it's enough or does it look completely out of line?? My lousy color vision prevents me very effective in things like this where I just have to guess what I'm doing....

L

Lips McGee

Looks great to me!

This is all very fascinating to me. Is there a basic starter paper kit you can recommend for a guy who's interested in giving it a try?

J

Johnny

I don't know a lot of starter kits, but the free models available I guess are a bit easier to deal with.

I'm not sure If thats what will suit everyone....I just jumped into it and bought models I liked.Thats a bit over two years ago....My philosofy was: If others can do it....I'm sure I can!!

So my advice is to get what model interests you in the medium difficulty.

Most kits are rates 1,2,3 or 1-5 or other ratings. So for my first i went for a medium model that was the Schwimmwagen from Modelik.

And I had done no modeling since I was 13-14 years old,and back then with plastic kits.Now I'm 45 and really love working with paper.

The most important thing I did, was to search papermodelling forums for tips and teckniques and of course if I was lucky I would find a buildthread that really showed how things should be done.

Anything you want to ask? just do! you can not ask stupid questions..you can only get stupid answers :smiling3:

So don't be afraid to ask!!

J

Johnny

A peaceful moment...

Since I didn't bring my tools with me at work today I did some work on the small diorama for the Luchs.

This is roughly how it's going to end up when it's done.

I will call the scene a peaceful vacation from the battles....

Someone has it comfy!

J

Johnny

Hello guys!!

Now I have reached the final stage for the Luchs.All details are in place.All wheels are done.Only one side of tracks left.

J

Johnny

The Luchs is finished!!

so there was the day I finished the Luchs!!

This is a nearly 100% kit from WAK.I don't think I had to trim a single part to get it to fit.So my hats off to the constructor!!

I have had a great time building this one and making the small desert scene.

It's taking it's time,but I'm not in a rush to get my models done :smiling3:

So here comes the pics of the finished model.I have called the scene "Timeout" where the crew relaxing and doing some maintenance on the tank between the desert battles against the british troops.I have also but some humour into the scene if you look closely....