Red spot in roundal moved

T

tecdes

Consternation & knashing of teeth.

Red spot in a roundel slid & is now off centre.

Tried water to loosen but no. Think will have to remove. Any ideas ?

Laurie

C

CDW

I managed to move a decal that had dried on top of a second decal with very warm water and washing-up liquid (70:30 % ish) and a fine scalpel blade to get under the top decal and seperate them.

worth a go ???

T

tecdes

\ said:
I managed to move a decal that had dried on top of a second decal with very warm water and washing-up liquid (70:30 % ish) and a fine scalpel blade to get under the top decal and seperate them.worth a go ???
Thanks will have a go. May as second fiddle try Vallejo Airbrush Cleaner. I am dangerous.

Next message in words will indicate a success.

Scrambled egg will indicate ??????????? A big black spot.

Laurie

T

tecdes

Stand up that man ! Colin you is genious personified.

Worked perfectly. But could not trust my self with scalpel. Not that I was going to use it in a self inflicting way. So used finger nail filed smooth with 2000 gauge wet & dry.

Perfect found a new roundel from my library of finished models. I am away & joyful.

So we now have it Colin's Grit Colin. Now we have Col's red spot decal remover treatment.

Thanks Colin.

Laurie

T

tecdes

Serious note.

Just shows less than an hour & all solved. Was going to go on but will publish under Orchestra in a article.

Laurie

C

CDW

Glad it worked Laurie.

I always try the basics first, more often then not they work and i don't have to go down the route of using other techniques (most of which are just variations on a theme anyway ..... i.e. using just water for decals .... this decal treatment "micro stuff" for instance, is just vineger and/or a detergent in a solution anyway at the end of the day..... i always just add a drop of "fairy" to my water for decals and never have many problems, if it's a hard/old decal i just soak it with a drop of vineger in the warm water and it softens it up, the decal, at the end of the day, is normally a polymer based sheet and remembering my chemistry from school, acetic acid degrades "poly-whatevers" :smiling3: )