Renault UE armoured carrier

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Over this last month I've done a build thread (I don't know how to add the thread?!), my first attempt at doing one, I might do another... who knows?!
I had my issues, tracks mainly, they are small! A couple of fit issues, they were sorted, all in all not a bad kit, if you have sausage fingers like me, you might want to get a child to build it for you!

20230602_213535.jpg20230602_213300.jpg20230602_213252.jpg20230602_213248.jpg

Thanks for looking in

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Link to your build thread

I've been watching that with interest as I like the look of that carrier so may have a go at one myself.

You've made a great job and it looks spot on in the scene.

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Link to your build thread

I've been watching that with interest as I like the look of that carrier so may have a go at one myself.

You've made a great job and it looks spot on in the scene.

Hi Andy, sorry I've overlooked your comment, thanks for the link.
You'll enjoy the kit, especially if you can get on with the tracks... unlike me! :rolling:

Thanks you for your kind words

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
No worries Lee.

I think you posted this twice and most people went for the other version lol

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Damn Lee, Did you make 2 of these puppy's? Like Andy, I think you did post this fine build finish twice. Had to go back and check. I love it and that muddy base is fantastic Sir!!! I know the feeling with sausage fingers, but you handled the tracks well. You're way ahead of me on the fig painting too, cause they do look mighty fine!!!...

Prost
Allen

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
No worries Lee.

I think you posted this twice and most people went for the other version lol
I thought one finished the build thread and the other was on completed?! Lots going on at the moment, my head is all over the place!

Damn Lee, Did you make 2 of these puppy's? Like Andy, I think you did post this fine build finish twice. Had to go back and check. I love it and that muddy base is fantastic Sir!!! I know the feeling with sausage fingers, but you handled the tracks well. You're way ahead of me on the fig painting too, cause they do look mighty fine!!!...

Prost
Allen
I'm glad I didn't make 2... although feels like it, haha.

Thank you Allen, much appreciated, don't be hard on yourself, there ain't nothing wrong with your painting skills mate!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What Ernie sed! :thumb2: ......Lee, I have a great idea how about doing one of the two (or both) of those 1-87 scale Trident Miniatures Panthers you have in the stash? No tracks to worry about and just enough parts not to complicate things! Oh, and do a build blog on it so's the rest of us "Mini Scalers" can follow along.;)

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Nicely done, it is a cool little tractor.
Ernie, thank you

What Ernie sed! :thumb2: ......Lee, I have a great idea how about doing one of the two (or both) of those 1-87 scale Trident Miniatures Panthers you have in the stash? No tracks to worry about and just enough parts not to complicate things! Oh, and do a build blog on it so's the rest of us "Mini Scalers" can follow along.;)
Thanks Rick.
I build one little, miniscule, eye strainingly small tank and I'm asked to do a blog, I'm wanted, almost celebrity like, hahaha.
Rick, I'll get to it mate, I haven't forgotten about them ;) a few bits to do first... and a well deserved holiday! :cool:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Great job lee , it looks brilliant on the base . I remember a couple of these being built before and always thought it looked like a motorised Turkish bath ! or Buzz Lightyears golf buggy :smiling5: Either way youve done a cracking job, the muddy base and figures are excellent too , cheers tony

Last edited:

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I remember a couple of these being built before and always thought it looked like a motorised Turkish bath ! or Buzz Lightyears golf buggy :smiling5:
Or a 2 seater off road version of that P45 thing Jeremy Clarkson built!

Lee W

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Great job lee , it looks brilliant on the base . I remember a couple of these being built before and always thought it looked like a motorised Turkish bath ! or Buzz Lightyears golf buggy :smiling5: Either way youve done a cracking job, the muddy base and figures are excellent too , cheers tony
Thanks Tony, it is bit of an odd bod vehicle

Or a 2 seater off road version of that P45 thing Jeremy Clarkson built!
Haven't seen it Andy