repair bf109 air intake thingy

M

Magicadey

making my first model and the air intake in my bf109 came loose ad went inside the plane somewhere. tried to get it out but wouldn't.. now its stuck somewhere!! any methods to fix this?

here is a photo showing where the part was..

View attachment 79882

View attachment 79881

20140327_152718[1].jpg

20140327_152718[1].jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Adrian.

You could try using a metal skewer to try and poke it loose. Only other options, that I can see, are to attempt and prise the aircraft apart-use hot water and soak for a while-may work, or you can get some glue remover-Loctite do one IRC-however, the cement used welds the pieces together so removel completely will not work. Or, replace the air intake, maybe someone on here has a spare, or have a go at making one-if you can.

There is a method that I have heard of but please be careful if you wish to go down this route-some have used chlorine based bleach to remove paint-one thing is has done is to loosen joints-this is untried by me so if you do try it, do it with goggles, gloves and ina safe please away from pets, kids and the potential to spill and ruin items.

Si:smiling3:

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Magicadey

was trying to ge tout but ive lost it inside.. not willing to open the model! spent too long trying to fill etc. will have to try and make something. tried a bit of card and got that lost inside too!!

S

spongtastic

I'd leave it and live with it, otherwise you risk damaging the main part of the fuselage.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
As you have tried to do another and that has disappeared, I agree with Ian, leave it.

Si:smiling3:

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Fill the hole with blu tac then insert your card and maybe some pva glue make sure the card is a nice tight fit good luck

0ne48thtel

If you have an aibrush you could dry blowing air through in to the airframe at high pressure to see if that wil dislodge the parts

S

spongtastic

Just thought you could get some cheap gripfill alternative, squirt it into the hole , wait a couple if minutes for it to start to harden then push it back in with a match /bit of sprue. Then sand & paint?