Revel 1/144 Focke wolf FW190A having trouble

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Quick! Before you lose it - get your fire extinguisher!

Gern

C

CDW

Looks like an aircraft on fire with smoke puthering out the side to me.

Nicely done too at that scale:smiling: :smiling:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I'm quite pleased with it seeing how small it is

This is going to be chased over a field by a spitfire :smiling3:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
It's in trouble because Hans has already gone... Nice idea Alan, look forward to the Spitfire chaser.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks glad you like it

Andy what are you intimating ! Lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
You teasing us again...Alan...there be more to come chaps...looking forward to seeing this come together.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
You teasing us again...Alan...there be more to come chaps...looking forward to seeing this come together.Si:smiling3:
Yeah mate but this is an easy build nothing to it really the spit is painted and just awaiting decals , the base it a simple stick and plonk by tomorrow afternoon it will be complete :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Yeah mate but this is an easy build nothing to it really the spit is painted and just awaiting decals , the base it a simple stick and plonk by tomorrow afternoon it will be complete :smiling3:
I beg to differ old boy, nothing is simple there is an artistic approach to setting out the board. Some look boring and uninteresting while yours have a certain look that makes you keep looking...does that make sense? Maybe not, I am on my nebuliser machine with medication swirling around me so I have no idea what I am on about lol.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I beg to differ old boy, nothing is simple there is an artistic approach to setting out the board. Some look boring and uninteresting while yours have a certain look that makes you keep looking...does that make sense? Maybe not, I am on my nebuliser machine with medication swirling around me so I have no idea what I am on about lol.Si:smiling3:
When you awake from that treatment mate it will be like waking up with hangover ! You will feel guilty for some reason an can't remember why then you will read that post and go oh B****r lol

But thanks anyway it's appreciated :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
When you awake from that treatment mate it will be like waking up with hangover ! You will feel guilty for some reason an can't remember why then you will read that post and go oh B****r lolBut thanks anyway it's appreciated :smiling3:
You are welcome mate.

Si...drugged up.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice looking Spit Alan. As you have said a simple piece but full of drama.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers Si I've started on the base now but I'm having trouble with making the trees stand up so what I'm going to do is stick them in some balsa wood and stick a load of lichen on it to hide it then I'm going to stick the spit to the top of the trees pointing down at the Focke then a few bushes and it's done :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Cheers Si I've started on the base now but I'm having trouble with making the trees stand up so what I'm going to do is stick them in some balsa wood and stick a load of lichen on it to hide it then I'm going to stick the spit to the top of the trees pointing down at the Focke then a few bushes and it's done :smiling3:
So this is a seriously low level encounter...get low get fast...the 190 is doomed then, no room for maneuver, no room or height to bail out...or is he?

C

CDW

I push a head-less dressmakers pin into the tree trunk then stick that into the balsa base Alan.

Gives the tree a lot of strength.

Hope this helps mate

Looking forward to the dio

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
I push a head-less dressmakers pin into the tree trunk then stick that into the balsa base Alan.Gives the tree a lot of strength.

Hope this helps mate

Looking forward to the dio
Failing that could you drill the base for the tree trunk that way it would be more secure?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers chaps but in my haste I've gone with the stick and plonk method and realised that my lichen and trees are from autumn so I've spent most of my time painting them

My impulsiveness is my own down fall !