Revel 1/144 Focke wolf FW190A having trouble

C

CDW

What is it exactly that hasn't worked?

Colour? Doesn't look too bad

The hedges could need thickening a tad (personal preference) but apart from that it's a nice layout

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Do you really think so mate ?

Your right about the hedge and that's not a big problem , I think I need some dirt under that and it's a little flat , the grass is looking more like a carpet instead of a natural contour of the ground , maybe I just need to step back and approach it with a fresh mind

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
I think the Spit is putting you off via the vision of the piece, it looks plonked so in your view it looks daft and not dynamic. The scene looks okay mate, as said the hedges need filling out, as for the grass add some features under it to build it up or failing that add some watered paint to highlight track ways or colour variations, this will stop it looking like a mat.

I think, as most of are, that you're being too critical. I like the idea mate, besides you could count it as a exercise and test piece, learn from it, all good stuff in the end.

Si:smiling3:

C

CDW

How about raising the spit off the tree with a short length of thin wire, would just give that small amount of space between to add a bit of tension (i.e. "phew that was close") to the scene?

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
How about raising the spit off the tree with a short length of thin wire, would just give that small amount of space between to add a bit of tension (i.e. "phew that was close") to the scene?
Not a bad idea mate I was thinking along similar lines

I have however done this to it View attachment 74129

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That looks better Alan, you seem to be working the issues and getting good results.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
That looks better Alan, you seem to be working the issues and getting good results.Si:smiling3:
I'm still not completely happy but it's better than it was

And thanks for the help guys just need to find some wire now :smiling3: