First Name
Alan

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely job alan , i'm sure he'll be well chuffed. Its a great kit isnt it ,with a quality decal sheet , although when I did mine the (seemingly) thousands of tiny stencils on the underside sent me cross eyed!!! Cheers tony

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Fantastic Concorde and a great bday present :score:

First Name
Dave
Nice build of a great aircraft.Mach 2 airliner,incredible.Dont think we will see its like again.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well I think your farther inlaw will be well pleased with it. 1 great looking build of such an iconic aeroplane Alan

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Great Concorde Alan, and a nice birthday prezzie for your father in law.

Tony.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nicely done Alan, it looks very smart. You Father in law will love it.

\ said:
Nice build of a great aircraft.Mach 2 airliner,incredible. Don't think we will see its like again.
Going supersonic in such a scale is complicated and expensive. The only way you could really get it to pay off is with the ability to 'slingshot' using the Earth's gravitational pull at the very limits of our atmosphere, or to go into space completely, allowing fuel burn to be minimized or eliminated. Concorde only succeeded commercially because it was heavily propped up by the Governments of France and the UK. Even Boeing abandoned the Sonic Cruiser in favour of the larger subsonic 747.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
cheers guys , and yes there were quite a few decals for this so I didn't put them all on but im pleased with it , my father in law will love it he has no idea hes getting it , I did have a problem with the wings but putty sorted that out , remember when she landed at elmdon airport , now called Birminngham int , she flew right over my house and I thought wow but isn't she small, it wasn't until I saw stood next to one at the fleet air are museum at yovilton that I saw how big she really was but for a luxury liner she was cramped , I thought if you weighed anything over 9 stone you wouldn't get in the seat lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Just found this, superb job, the detailing and paint job are superb. Even in model form she is a stunningly beautiful aircraft, pity she be gone. Technology has meant we can get bigger aircraft but nothing as futuristic stands out as Concorde.

Si:smiling3: