Revell 1/48 B-17F Flying Fortress 'Memphis Belle'

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That would grace any ceiling,very nicely done. Have you seen the 1/32 B-17 to be released next year in this thread?

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/news-information/11234-big-big-b-17-a.html

You can tell the missus that the one you've just finished was just a bit of practice for this one lol!

Cheers

Steve

W

weareborg

Yeah I saw that this morning Steve, and I have to say, my jaw dropped. :smiling5: I could be seriously tempted though.:bounce:

F

Fenlander

Very nice build (what do we call you by the way lol). To say that is your first model finished, I wish my first turned out half as good. I have to admit, I am severely tempted by the new 1:72 revell, not only a (hopefully) good kit but I am fascinated by the story behind it. I just have to hope I don't see it anywhere. So a big thank you for scuppering my don't buy any more kits for a while plan lol

W

weareborg

Thanks Fenlander. Just call me Andy. Just bite the bullet and buy it. lol

F

Fenlander

Cheers Andy, had to go to Hobbycraft today to get some paper glue for the grandkids card making kits we got them to try and keep them quiet while Sunday dinner was cooking. Predictably, they didn't have the new one. Hobbycraft appear to have a policy of only re-ordering stock as it sells so nothing new comes in.

W

weareborg

Yeah I have noticed that. They pretty poor for that. You could try eModels. I didn't realise until a few weeks ago that they are based in my home town in Stoke on Trent. lol

Andy

M

msm2

I spend a small fortune there,as it just up the road from me.

T

treyzx10r

Weareborg that came out superb ,very clean build would be proud to have that on my shelf(or hanging from the ceiling). I do'nt know whats wrong with the wives mine wo'nt let me hang mine either go figure lol.

W

weareborg

\ said:
I spend a small fortune there,as it just up the road from me.
Can't believe how close their place is from my parents in Longton. When I go up visit over xmas, you bet ya I'll be nipping into their shop to buy kits. :dancing2:

M

msm2

They also have a place in Hanley market too. Will be go today I hope.

N

noble

This has turned out very nice, i like it, still not looking forward to building mine though.

scott

K

Kressy13

Hi mate.

Great work on this one. Really well done. Bit unreasonable not being able to put it on your ceiling though. LOL.

Cheers

Kresten

W

weareborg

\ said:
This has turned out very nice, i like it, still not looking forward to building mine though.scott
Oh go on. It's a really got kit. Not too many problems with it really, although masking the ball turret was the worst part of it. Need a good light source and a strong magnifying glass for it. That certainly would of helped. :smiling5:

Andy

W

weareborg

\ said:
Hi mate.Great work on this one. Really well done. Bit unreasonable not being able to put it on your ceiling though. LOL.

Cheers

Kresten
Tell me about it. Women hey!!!!! :smiling5:

Andy

B

Bunkerbarge

So how can you flash your flashlight at it to simulate flak if it isn't on the ceiling? Don't women understand these things?