Revell 1/48 Tornado IDS

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
My next wingy project.
I had this one six years when it first came out but failed miserably due to terrible fit issues and ended up chucking it in the bin.
Six years on I have more experience with these things so hopefully better luck this time round. IMG_20220504_121933.jpg
I will post spure shots later when I make a start.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Thanks
I must remember not use the like so much and give a proper reply.
I was sooo going to 'like' your post, but remembered it's not allowed anymore...

So I will say ..I totally agree with your post, and you've made a good start. Looking forward to seeing this progress, I've always liked Tonka's since I built the Panavia M.R.C.A. from Matchbox many years ago.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
I see what you mean about the tail decal, I was lucky with the F-16 I built and the 1/32 version as the tail can be left off.
Great start on your build

First Name
Jean-Marc
Just stumble on your project .. Great start and you bet I'll be following your WIP ..Go,go,goooooooooo

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good so far. Great office work, and the airframe looks to be coming together quite quickly. Sure you’ll sort the intakes this time round as well. Great stuff Peter.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Peter,
I've heard conflicting accounts of the intake problems on the Revell Tornado, some say it's really bad, others say with dry fitting & patience, it isn't really! I suppose second time around much more caution is taken in that area. I have the ADV version in the stash, and one of these days, I'll see what the fuss is about :rolling:
Dave