Revell 1:72 Avro Shackleton AEW.2

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
The 'New tool' Revell Avro Shackleton AEW.2 completed. This kit certainly didn't behave like a new tool kit, which meant I was quite disappointed at first. But after waiting for new glazing from Revell I was able to get a move on and find myself here, all done.

So, the kit is good, where else will you find so many rivets on one model ? Just don't expect it to be a typical great fitting new tool kit. Keep an open mind you will be fine. I expected too much at first. The decals were very good. Cockpit detail by eduard photo etch.

This is WL795 'Zebedee, of the magic roundabout fame.

Cockpit.JPG

Zebedee.JPG

Look up.JPG

Lots of prop's.JPG

Port rear.JPG

Stbd rear 1.JPG

STBD rear.JPG

Stbd wing.JPG

Upper 2.JPG

Upper.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Dave
That's a really nice build Colin.A great looking Shackleton.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
A great build and result Colin well worth the effort you have had to put in. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
10,000 rivets flying in close formation.

Never a more passing description of an aircraft. Albeit a not particularly flattering one.

Great result Colin.

Zebedee?  that takes me back a bit. "time for bed...boing"  lol

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Great result in the end, top work!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
"time for bed...boing"

I had forgotten about that. And yes after a great weekend it is indeed 'Time for bed' at least for me, and certainly this build.

F

Fenlander

Great work Colin.  You have very ably shown with this build that modeling is just that: Modelling.  Not shake and bake but the ability to creat something from a kit that, OK, probably should have been better.  The point is that the result probably would not have been better.  Really well done.

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Overcame the kit issues nicely Colin and the result is a fantastic looking Shackleton. Great job.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great work Colin like as said in Vaughans post if I'd not seen the build thread you would not believe the troubles you had with it. Once again it just goes to show what building skills you have.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks Gentlemen for having a look and the comments. The thing is, since returning to the hobby in 2008, I've wanted a tail dragging Shackleton, but without some sort of conversion they didn't exist. Then some years later Airfix and Revell knock a pair out at the same time. I chose Revell because I like rivets. As I sit typing this, the Grey Lady is next to me. Looking at the model, I think I can say there were more bits / assemblies that didn't give me trouble, than ones that did, far more. So on reflection, I can say, it's a good kit, just build yours with the bomb bay open !

Colin M....

D

dubster72

A fine result for all your hard work Colin. The Shack looks mean & magnificent!

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Yeah well done mate both you and Vaughan have turned out e really nice looking Shackleton, top work!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Can't really add anymore to what has already been said but congrats are still in order for a truly great build.

Excellent work Colin

it's rare to get 2 builds of the same subject built so closely together, rarer still for the results to be equally excellent

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Beautiful work Colin, its been a bit of a trial but the end result is stunning , top modelling , cheers tony