Revell 1/72 fairey fulmar

P

Partsguy26

Good evening all.

I am about to paint the revell fairey fulmar but am not very confident in the paint mixing. It says you have to mix light green, lake green (sea green as I think it now is) and Matt yellow. Does anyone know a single colour I can use as a substitute?

Many thanks in advance.

Richard

First Name
Dave
This is another example of Revell trying to get you to buy their paints.Because they don't sell the actual colours you need to paint the model,they want you to buy and mix their paints together to get the correct colour.Im not an authority on the subject but I know Fleet Air Arm Fulmars were usually painted in what was called the 'Temperate Sea Scheme'.The colours are Dark Slate grey (A greenish colour) and Extra Dark SeaGrey on the upper surfaces with Sky on the underside.If you can tell us what manufacturers paints you can get hold of,myself or someone else on here will tell you which ones you need.

P

Partsguy26

Well I haven't got any of the colours needed for the mix and didn't really want to buy them. Just wanted one colour. I've got the greyish blue for one of the upper colours, just wanted the other upper colour without the mixing hassle.

First Name
Dave
If you are using enamel paint,Humbrol no.31 will do for the greenish colour.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Hi Richard, if you can get vallejo or humbrol paints you can paint your Fulmar out of the tin as these companies do the correct colours. There's a Modelzone on Fitzroy street in cambridge which should ba able to sort you out with the paints you need.

Good luck with your build.

Tony.

P

Partsguy26

Excuse my stupidity but slate grey will do for the greenish colour?