Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
A nice one,now i have to get one.Cheers peter t

ps. Your pic is upsidedown
Cheers peter

Is it realy ? It's showing the right way on my phone , but I'm having real problems with at moment

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
Your main pic is ok, its the attachment below thats upsidedown

cheers peter t

B

Bunkerbarge

Is your phone the right way up? :smiling3:

Seriously though lovely model of the very underrated Hurricane. I often wondered with this variant just how the wings didn't shake themselves apart with the recoil from those cannons!

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Oh yeah I see it now Pete , weird one that don't you think thanks chaps glad you like it :smiling3:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Bloody hell alan , you dont hang about do you!! it was only a few days ago you posted this in the recent acquisitions thread and here it is done!! Famtastic looking hurri matey , its a great little kit isnt it , superbly fine details and a bargain price, top job , cheers tony

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nicely made Hurricane IIC there, Alan. I like the Hurricane a lot, one of my all time favourite aeroplanes.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers folks I love the hurricane and agree it was very underrated aircraft , it shot down more planes in the BoB :smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
I've decided to present this better when I get home tomorrow , I've gone out and bought a small picture frame and I have some 1/72 8th army figures , some fuel barrels and sand bags also I have a 1/72 vickers machine gun so it will look better :smiling3:

D

Doug Hughes

I made the Revell IIC as my first kit on resuming modelling a few months ago. It's a good kit (though it took rather a lot of filling around the wing roots). I'm a big fan of the Hurricane too. The Spitfire was so good as a pure fighter, and proved to have an airframe that would cope with constant upgrades, that it didn't get used much in some of the more interesting roles the Hurricane got - night fighter, night intruder, fighter bomber, tank buster. That gives the Hurricane a lot of scope for interesting variants and colour schemes. I feel rather the same about the Bf110, too - not a great fighter, but can make a really interesting model.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I made the Revell IIC as my first kit on resuming modelling a few months ago. It's a good kit (though it took rather a lot of filling around the wing roots). I'm a big fan of the Hurricane too. The Spitfire was so good as a pure fighter, and proved to have an airframe that would cope with constant upgrades, that it didn't get used much in some of the more interesting roles the Hurricane got - night fighter, night intruder, fighter bomber, tank buster. That gives the Hurricane a lot of scope for interesting variants and colour schemes. I feel rather the same about the Bf110, too - not a great fighter, but can make a really interesting model.
I didn't have a problem with the main wing joints but I did with the tail wings but I only got this because I was on holiday and it was something to do on bad weather days , I brought all my tools and paints for it but forgot about filler so you can see some seems in the nose and as I said the tail wings but I'm pleased with the way it turned out considering , I have a MK V spit as well but I didn't have time to build that so it will probably sit in the stash for a few years due to projects I've got ongoing and planed for the future.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job. I like the Hurri loads. And I really like the desert camo.