Revell 1/72 Hurricane

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Not too bad all for £1. Have a version of one of these in the stash!

Well done.

Andrew

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Love the black and white underside Pete.
Putting on my nerd hat, because I live near RAF Northolt and I have a thing for 303 squadron; I'm curious to see the Czech insignia beneath the cockpit rather than the usual Polish. I assume it's what came with the kit,is there any specific info?
Could Frantiszek be the pilot, maybe?
Cheers
N

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice work pete , a real retro classic , just look at all those rivets ! Cheers tony

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Love the black and white underside Pete.
Putting on my nerd hat, because I live near RAF Northolt and I have a thing for 303 squadron; I'm curious to see the Czech insignia beneath the cockpit rather than the usual Polish. I assume it's what came with the kit,is there any specific info?
Could Frantiszek be the pilot, maybe?
Cheers
N
Yes Neil, it's Frantiszek.
Pete

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
At a quid, what's not to like?
Nice result Pete.

Ron

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
To be more precise Neil: Sgt (723451) Josef FRANTIŠEK DFM & Bar (Cs.pilot) RAFVR and https://armahobbynews.pl/en/blog/2018/10/27/hurricane-sergeant-frantisek-the-best-of-the-few/
I wonder if this quote "Polish unit was ordered to return to base. Suddenly František broke and disappeared. It is possible that it did not get Polish pilots attention, although they probably noticed it." from the page linked above is the origin of the scene in The Battle of Britain film in which the "trainees" pretend to have not understood a 'return to base' order?
Pete