View attachment 78348

View attachment 78349

View attachment 78350

View attachment 78351

View attachment 78352

View attachment 78353

View attachment 78354

View attachment 78355

I started this over 8 months ago and only restarted it last week over that time some pieces got lost as well as most of the decals also the landing gear on the starboard side was broken so I had to remake a piece and that's why it leans over
It's not my best paint job if I'm honest but I don't think it's that bad

The kit itself it very detailed so not for a beginner

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

W

Willi262

It looks so cute. If you'll pardon the unmasculine expression.

I think I did one like it many many years ago, (I watched Patrick Swayze in Red Dawn recently -at that point) and I was in love with that movie (foolishly). I was too young to see it as Yankee flag waving propaganda. (that would come later on).

I did not notice the list right away, but I can see it when I look at the rotor heads. Pound for pound yours here looks a lot better than the one I destroyed. (I think it was the victim of an unfortunate accident).

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice job Alan , it looks a very nice kit, loads of detail.And I'm always a sucker for a bit of Soviet stuff! , cheers tony

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Hi Al, think you have pulled this one out of the bag as I know that it has fought you and you have had to fiddle with it. Nice job on the detailing.

Si:smiling3:

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate the kind words :smiling3:

I think this build has shown me my inexperience and skill level and I don't think I could in prove this even if I bought it again and had another crack at it , I really struggled with the panel lines due to them being so shallow and really struggled with the canopy it comes in three pieces and to get it to fit I had to file it

I'm going to get the wife to have a look and see if there's a 1/48 scale one on the market if there is she will find it

@Steve , I like that red dawn movie they were very innovative with there adaptations to make the military vehicles for that film and the mil mi in that was I think a converted super puma and I think they did a fantastic job.

W

Willi262

I read some trivia about Red Dawn that said the producers had their own battles in getting it done. Mostly they were followed by the CIA and FBI, and they had to keep reassuring the local populations that the Russian tanks they were using were not "real". One actor playing a russian paratrooper got blown off course by the wind and got tangled in a tree. Some local yokels were about to shoot the man because they assumed he was an invading russian, and it was only because of some nearby police that they managed to straighten out the misunderstanding. Fun times had by all...

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I read some trivia about Red Dawn that said the producers had their own battles in getting it done. Mostly they were followed by the CIA and FBI, and they had to keep reassuring the local populations that the Russian tanks they were using were not "real". One actor playing a russian paratrooper got blown off course by the wind and got tangled in a tree. Some local yokels were about to shoot the man because they assumed he was an invading russian, and it was only because of some nearby police that they managed to straighten out the misunderstanding. Fun times had by all...
Fantastic , I love to read this sort of stuff , but mind you that tank would have made me look at it twice to see if it was real , a really great job they did on that.

W

Willi262

I can't recall all the details, but I think it was said that they purchased some actual T64s and other misc, soviet trucks and what not. These things all fixed up so that they can't fire. Neutered, if you will...

But that still didn't stop some citizens (in the vein of 'orson wells'' war of the worlds) from thinking it was actually happening...

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great build Alan, I think you've done a good job on this Hind. A nice little kit by the looks of it.

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers joe it is a pretty detailed kit but very fiddly , to a skilled builder it would turn out fantastic :smiling3:

J

Jimbobtheflimbob

Great Build! i really should build more helicopters.

Will

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice Alan you done a great job on it , ;)

0ne48thtel

Nice one Alan there is a 1/48 hind on the market but I can't remember who does it I think it may be Revell.

0ne48thtel

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RVM5856-Revell-Monogram-1-48-Mil-24-Hind-Helicopter-/301374092918?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item462b4bb676

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Thanks guys I'm surprised this has resurfaced I don't think its that good but thank you all for the great comments :smiling3:

\ said:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RVM5856-Revell-Monogram-1-48-Mil-24-Hind-Helicopter-/301374092918?pt=UK_ToysGames_ModelKits_ModelKits_JN&hash=item462b4bb676
thanks for that terry it's now been purchased and is on its way to my dwelling :D