Revell 1/72 Seaking.

J

jono

D

dubster72

I like that a lot John, reminds me of sitting on Margate beach as a kid & waving to the rescue choppers :smiling3:

J

jono

\ said:
I like that a lot John, reminds me of sitting on Margate beach as a kid & waving to the rescue choppers :smiling3:
Thanks Patrick, many years ago my son took part in a training exercise where he & a few of his mates paddled out from the local beach, then fired off a flare & waited for a response from the RNLI & RAF S&R Chopper. My son was one of the lucky ones that got winched up into the sea king & then sat in the doorway as the chopper did a fly past along the sea front. :smiling3: .

John.

D

Deleted member 4539

Nice one John. :smiling3:

Could you tell me the meaning of one rotor blade in yellow?

J

jono

\ said:
Nice one John. :smiling3:
Could you tell me the meaning of one rotor blade in yellow?[/QU

Thanks for the comment Ralph, as for your question I don't know the answer to that but im sure someone on the forum will be able to answer that. ;) .

John.

L

Laurie

Very nice John. My obsession at the moment helicopters.

Very nice. What helicopter next ?

Laurie

J

jono

\ said:
Very nice John. My obsession at the moment helicopters.
Very nice. What helicopter next ?

Laurie
Thanks Laurie, is it going to be another chopper after the Apache is finished?.

This is my 3rd chopper now done & thinking of something different for my next build.

John. :smiling3:

L

Laurie

\ said:
Thanks Laurie, is it going to be another chopper after the Apache is finished?.
This is my 3rd chopper now done & thinking of something different for my next build. John. :smiling3:
Not sure John. I have a batch of Helicopters Aircraft (winged) and military vehicles

for my Afghanistan collection.

But one which is different but which was over the skies of Afghanistan the

most probable.

A Grim Reaper. Interesting.

Laurie

J

jono

\ said:
Not sure John. I have a batch of Helicopters Aircraft (winged) and military vehicles
for my Afghanistan collection.

But one which is different but which was over the skies of Afghanistan the

most probable.

A Grim Reaper. Interesting.

Laurie
I will have to watch out for your Grim Reaper then Laurie ..

For my next build im thinking of something ive not seen on the forum, a Civilian Airliner for a change.

John.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great looking Sea King John. It looks rather smart in the RN scheme.

\ said:
Could you tell me the meaning of one rotor blade in yellow?
It'll be a visibility thing. A rotor disc at speed is virtually invisible. Add a blade or two of colour and you get some visibility to it. Same applies to propellers, tail rotors, etc.

J

jono

\ said:
Great looking Sea King John. It looks rather smart in the RN scheme.
It'll be a visibility thing. A rotor disc at speed is virtually invisible. Add a blade or two of colour and you get some visibility to it. Same applies to propellers, tail rotors, etc.
Thanks Joe, I thought the colour would be a change from the normal all yellow of the RAF,s Sea Kings.

I goggled about the yellow blade & it came up with basically the same thing about it being for a visibility thing especially when hovering near an obstruction when in S&R operations .

John.

D

Doug Hughes

Nice one, John. I've seen a lot of these (mostly in yellow) around when I've been out in the hills, picking up casualties or out on training. Fortunately I've never had to use one! Now being replaced, by the Bristow S-92 I believe? I saw one of the replacements in Snowdonia recently.

J

jono

\ said:
Nice one, John. I've seen a lot of these (mostly in yellow) around when I've been out in the hills, picking up casualties or out on training. Fortunately I've never had to use one! Now being replaced, by the Bristow S-92 I believe? I saw one of the replacements in Snowdonia recently.
Thanks Doug, .. the Yellow RAF ones have been replaced now by a private company, & the Navy ones will be going sometime next year. :sad: :sad:

John.