Revell Arado196A-3 FINISHED!

T

treyzx10r

Wow , I ca'nt say enough great things about this build,there are so many excellent things going on! A well deserved 5 stars!!!cheers Trey

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Once again thank you all very much for your generous comments. It was a real pleasure building this model despite a few ups and downs.

Vaughan

Last edited by a moderator:
T

tecdes

Hey Vaughan that is a really nice & very interesting model. One you can get your teeth into.

Your model work is really superb. As they say now follow that. That is a leader in the field finish.

Laurie

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I have a suggestion for your next super project that would look fantastic with that Ardo, A nice Swordfish floater....

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Ian I was thinking along the same lines. Tamiya do a 1/48 scale version goes for about £45 so not cheap. I was also thinking about getting the Trumpeter Swordfish(without the floats) as it comes in 1/32 scale as I feel happier working in that scale.

Vaughan

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
If it helps, I think you can buy a conversion set for the Trumpy one. I will see if I can find it if you like.

Ian M

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
That would be great Ian. Thanks.

Vaughan

B

Buttonman

Hi Vaughan

Have'nt been online for ages and just got out of hospital, Missus and chap at model shop picked this for a coming home present.

First thing i see when looking for some tips was your mamoth build, It looks amazing and have written down all the tips you and others have pointed out can't wait to start.

After i've cleared my bench

Cheers

Martin

PS; If you ever get close to frome i've got a big gas heater with bottle goin free which'll warm your man cave well and truelly.

B

Bunkerbarge

Vaughan, I have to say this is a stunning kit from the start but boy have you done it justice. It has everything I look for when enjoying looking at a well put together model. The surface finishes are beautiful, the weathering is just right, the washes are over the transfers (It surprises me how many modellers miss that), the engine stains are superb and the attention to detail is spot on. I really enjoyed looking at this and, I have to say, is one of those models that really should be on display somewhere.

Brilliant and many thanks for taking the time to share it with us. If you are looking for ideas what I would really like to see someone do with this model is put it on a catapult in front of a model of the front of the Bismarck's hangar.

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
That's a real beaut there Vaughan, one of the best I have seen. What a nice kit it is too.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Thanks Richard, Barry it seems a long time ago since I finished the Arado (over a year).

Michael I hope all is well with you having just got out of hospital. I'm glad that you have found the build thread useful it was a real joy to build and at such a reasonable price, I look forward to hearing about your build in the near future. Thanks for the offer of the heater I've just looked on Google maps as I was unsure where Frome was it's a tad far away 233 miles and 4 hours and 30 minutes to be precise. Thanks again for the offer I sure could use a heater as it's only a few degrees above freezing at the moment!

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
stunning absolutely stunning the colour and the detail in second to none the biggest five ive got coming to your build