It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice star Marc, welcome by the way.

Si:smiling3:

First Name
Marc
Thanks Si. I have actually made quite a bit more progress than this, but I am in the process of putting the pics together. More will follow

First Name
Marc
Thanks guys. Im using a basic humbrol airbrush for body work. Been working with a 40 percent thinners but it seems a bit splatty, not an issue on pre coat as it was going to be rubbed down anyway to check for surface imperfections. I tried with 60 percent thinners on a test surface but it seems a bit watery. Im using an air can. Any suggestions?

First Name
Marc
Started test fitting the exhaust system, the tailpipe looked far too skinny for my liking and stuck out too far from the body. It would have looked better if I used a matchstick. So I cut it down and widened it slightly with a hot needle which gave the exhaust a much better profile, I then cut it flush with the bodywork to give an aftermarket stainless system look. I then filed the end, de-burred the inside, and painted silver metallic. To add a bit of realism I used Tamiya wear powder. the pics didn't come out that well, it looks a lot better in the flesh (or should I say plastic)

View attachment 96129

View attachment 96130

View attachment 96131

View attachment 96132

View attachment 96133

View attachment 96134

View attachment 96135

View attachment 96136

View attachment 96137

View attachment 96138

View attachment 96139

Painting 2.jpg

much better & neater.jpg

New tip location.jpg

refinished tip ready for de-burring.jpg

Hot Needle Widening Tailpipe.jpg

refinishing tip.jpg

Widened tip ready for finishing.jpg

Heating Needle.jpg

Cut Tailpipe.jpg

exhaust test fit 2.jpg

exhaust test fit 1.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great stuff Marc. I think the scouring on the discs does improve the realism of them.

First Name
Marc
\ said:
Great stuff Marc. I think the scouring on the discs does improve the realism of them.
I tried using a drawing compass with a knife installed but the compass broke (was only a cheap one) so i did it freehand in the end and i suppose i should have waited and picked up a better one to get the score marks accurate, which is why im not overly pleased with the results.

First Name
Marc
\ said:
This is looking good so far.scott
Thanks scott. I have made a couple of small mistakes but im improving. Think im going to need a 000 brush as my smallest is 00.

Will be starting on the interior soon, im on the look out for some flocking to mimic the carpets.

T

Tibbs

Looks like a great job, im enjoying all the pictures, because as a newb its showing me a good build and paint sequence...... Cheers:smiling3:

First Name
Marc
Im by no means experienced. Im also a newb really as i havent done this hobby since the age of 14. And i had nowhere near the patience i have now.