Revell KV-1 1:35

Anyone built one?

I have been building one for ages now (I don't get much time). The detail is nice, but it's a pig of a kit! Plastic is warped, nothing fits and I appear to have 4 lots of track, some in the main plastic and some other 'softer' plastic..

It's driving me nuts!

F

Fenlander

Not built one but I have been driven nuts by plastic lol. Are you going to post some pics? We all love to see what others are doing, just nosey I suppose :smiling:

F

Fenlander

Mmmm, that does look a bit warped doesn't it. Will it press down without too much stress on the front? If so, plenty of liquid cement and rubber bands are called for. If it is going to bend or stress the part, I would try to re shape it a bit first with some gentle heat from a hair dryer.

The base was a U shape. I manged to get that straight after a few days and sticking it bit by bit. It's more all the other parts that 'don't quite fit' and need shaving to go into holes, gaps etc.

I think the top will drop down fine. Checking the front now it's stuck well and doesn't move when I push the back down.

C

Cov1

My mate picked the same kit from model shop in a sale it was £6.99, he tried it for about an hour to work it out then gave up. Shame realy but hope you pull it through.

Keep it coming.

Ade

D

dragon1five

I had the same problem with Eastern Express kit of a KV-1. I ended up using it as "practice" kit for some new techniques. I wonder if E E and Revell share the same molds?

N

noble

I have this kit in my stash, it cost £7 quid but i havn't started it yet i will be moving to a new house so it will have to wait until then.

scott

The kit doesn't look too bad.. You just need to 'work it' a bit more than you would like.. Not done much recently, I'll post some more pics soon..

N

noble

Cool it would be interesting if you did a step by step to the build if you encounter any other problematic bits as this will help me when i come to do mine. keep on truckin

peace out

scott

It's been over a year, but I have dug out the KV-1 and done a little work on it..

Had a part spray of primer and about to have that finished before going for the full paint job..

Quick pic, I'll take some decent ones once it starts to get interesting :smiling3:

P

panzer6

Hi. I'm about to built KV-1. I'll tell you straight away. Personally I'll purchase probably Tamiya kit. Unfortunatelly yours set requaire to be make up. I'll be looking forwards in your workshop to see any progress. Regards. Bart

Last edited: