Revell U.S.S. forrestal

R

rjwood_uk

a tip i got of nigel....the deck looks quite shiney. Give it a sand down with a fine grade wet and dry paper, give it a wash, wait for it to try. This way the paint will adhere to it alot easier!!

I

itsa_ss

yes Nigel the kit came with some aircraft, 16 in all. i did a search on google and it seems to be a common kit being produced by a few different brands (airfix,revell,italeri)

and Richard i have not yet done anything to the deck yet, but i will sand it down like you said. is 1000 grit good enough?

B

Bunkerbarge

Any wet or dry would do the job. The important thing is that you do not use a grade that will leave marks after it is painted and that depends on the paint and method of application..

I think you should get away with 1000 but I would do a quick test peice on say the underside of the deck. If you can see scratch marks then you need a finer grade.

N

Nigel.D

if you use 1000 make sure you use plenty of soapy water as well

I

itsa_ss

can anyone recomend a color to paint the "grey" part of the ship and another grey that would look good as the flight deck color, i think that it should be darker.

thanks

N

Nigel.D

probably ghost grey for the ship and medium sea grey for the deck ??? but a few of the ship moddellers may be able to give you a more definitive choice

R

rjwood_uk

goast grey is nice...if your using humbrol enamels the do a US Goast grey erm... no. 127 and maybe us medium grey no.126

Last edited: