REVELL USS Enterprise NCC 1701 - STAR TREK into Darkness - Model Kit 1:500 04882

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice James,should be a good build, ;)

First Name
Adrian
I'll be watching closely as I've got one I want to light up, do you need Aztec pattern masks to do this version?

Adrian

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
will be waiting to see how you handle the big bland scarey bit,

to see how yoou bring it to life, ;)

C

cryton 5

thanks for interesto_O it will be awhile yet as I have to pull off voyager

C

cryton 5

hi Adrian thank you I have Aztec now but ? on design of them maybe have too option's if you could oblige I look for response to give you contact details

C

cryton 5

just looking over plans and wireing , as near completed voyager and soon painting now got enterprise on bench commencing over Christmas (,then 2016 )

First Name
Adrian
\ said:
hi Adrian thank you I have Aztec now but ? on design of them maybe have too option's if you could oblige I look for response to give you contact details
I don't know how I missed your reply, sorry :sad:

I would be interested to know about the Aztec masks and where you got them from.

Adrian

C

cryton 5

11880560_1610634522510500_4787746659032435354_n.jpg

I'll hi Adrian these are the decals I purchased from us be warned I got hit with extra posting vat t £30.00 uk plus another £13.58 this end .

Last edited:
First Name
Adrian
\ said:
View attachment 140894 I'll hi Adrian these are the decals I purchased from us be warned I got hit with extra posting vat t £30.00 uk plus another £13.58 this end .
I'll cheat, I'm planning to head over in Febuary for a 5 day shopping spree, so I'll see if they will post to my hotel :smiling3: They should sit nicely under the drone I plan to bring back :smiling3:

Adrian

First Name
Adrian
Just had my friend round and he handed me a Christmas present I though you may like, as well as another Into Darkness kit ( he didn't know I had one ) he also bought me the lighting kit I saw at Telford in November. I'd plan to grab one in the new year to do my build now I am very happy :smiling3:

002.JPG

003.JPG

Adrian

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice add in ,should look great Adrian ;)

C

cryton 5

Working aside ,voyager assembled kit maked off leds ,looking at new lighting kit as one I got just lights her up ,more too come plus stands being built US by federation models who have wide range of kits both lighting getting big package too save on cost late 2016 .on this lighting panels both voyager enterprrise display with sound as well .more too come x

C

cryton 5

up date and purchase as fellow modellers are now on , I also have added to this build this lighting set to enterprise on route first class

Contents

• 35 individual high intensity LED lights in total, comprising: 10 x double-flash white strobes; 9 x blue internal glow lighting; 4 x single-flash white beacons; 9 x white internal glow lighting; 1 x white spot, detailing light; 2 x red internal glow – impulse engines
  • Pre-programmed micro-controller unit (micro-chip) mounted on a pre-wired, self-contained base board
  • 50cm power connector lead, fitted with a 2.1mm DC socket for connection to a regulated 9V DC mains transformer (not supplied, but available to buy separately)
  • Instruction leaflet - comprehensive instructions guide you through installation in relation to the model build sequence, fully integrated with the Revel instructions and parts.
  • I look forward to starting shortly ,. 310245935776.png

559607676454.png

First Name
Adrian
Hi James,

As you know I had the same lighting kit as a Christmas gift, they are now fitted to my Enterprise and look amazing.

Having done mine I would like to advise you of just a couple of things, you will most likely spot those yourself but thought I would say just incase.

Firstly they are very powerful and light bleed is common, I had primed the interior with grey but this wasn't enough to stop the bleed so I ended up painting around and under the lights with matt black to stop it.

Secondly, the blue and red lights in the saucer are so strong if you look in through the windows you can clearly see them, so I cut some plastic card and wrapped it around the blue bridge lights and a semi circle around the Impulse red lights.

I'm sure you won't have any issues is spotting this for yourself :smiling3:

If anyone is wary of the cost all I can say is it's well worth it.

My kit is on hold now till I have the spare money to order the Aztec decals, or if my house eventually sells I'll take a trip across and get my own whilst there.

Adrian

C

cryton 5

Thanks

I will add too project on prep as voyager shows filling around edges were lights shine though presure too have a tight fit causes bulbs too sort out due to space between moulder .