Revells 1/24 samba bus

N

noble

Hi folks now iam not a car builder never done one before this, so I would like all comments to instruct me as to wher iam going or in fact gone wrong. This is where iam up to so far with revells 1/24 samba bus.

Scott

WP_20160615_012.jpg

WP_20160615_013.jpg

WP_20160615_014.jpg

WP_20160615_015.jpg

First Name
Marc
Looks good to me Scott. Tips wise? Erm not sure really just enjoy the build and dont rush it. I find as soon as i start to get bogged down with the kits i build its because i am spending too much time on it and need to take a break from it for a week or so. 

If you want a flawless finish for bodywork go down Zero paints route. You wont go back. Make sure you clean out your airbush quickly though if you dont have ptfe seals.

I find for interiors and plastic panels etc tamiya acrylics seem to look the best.

For textured finishes humbrol enamel has its place as its thick, good for rust effects brake callipers, drive shafts. 

For metal finishes Alclad is really good. 

Flocking is good for carpets, but use it with paint, it works better than glue. Use the same colour paint as the flocking your using. Humbrol enamel is good for this as it takes a while to dry.

Reactions: Ace
D

Deleted member 3568

Superb work mate, no tips, looks a million percent better than mine, keep up the good work.

N

noble

can anyone suggest how to fix the panel line gap on the front of the passengers door as it isn't sitting the way it should too much of a gap?

scott

Last edited:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You could stop there and show it as a restoration project in progress. It looks great.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice work so far Scott I'm building mine next, so I will take a good look at the fitting of the bodywork.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Nice motors Scott! the corvette looks tasty and i love the Celica too ,hopefully the door for the samba wont be too long  cheers tony

yambam26

SMF Supporter
First Name
Ben
Very Nice Scott, 

With the samba bus you could use some Bare Metal Foil for the chrome strip that separates the two tone.

Like the rest of the kits you have ive got the celica in my stash :smiling3:  

Keep up the good work!

N

noble

Thanks guys, Ian yes the corvette is actually going to be painted in the same metallic blue as the samba bus, it will take up to 8weeks for the replacement part from revel.