Rick’s Star Wars party family build

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
My wife and I are going to a Star Wars themed party next weekend. She has made a fantastic dress made in black chiffon to represent space with a yellow collar/sash to match the opening blurb subtitles of the movies.
To set this off she’s also made a facinator (a fancy headband) featuring sparkly tulle and crimpoline shaped to look like the sun rise over Tatooine.
Now you may all be asking “What the *** has that got to do with modelling?”. Well, she got me and our daughters roped into making Star Wars ships as part of the outfit. Using Revell kits of the X-wing, Millenium Falcon and Darth Vader”s Tie Fighter. The Millenium Falcon has been modified with a brooch pin to attach to her dress while the fighters will be attached to the facinator.
They did the model building and I did the painting. My youngest was excited to apply the speckles (she couldn’t remember the word “decals” so just picked one that rhymed! Henceforth, if you hear me talk about hating applying speckles you will know what I mean).
IMG_2111.jpegIMG_2110.jpegIMG_2109.jpeg
Now turned into a brooch.
IMG_2125.jpegIMG_2124.jpegIMG_2123.jpeg

The Tie Fighter just needs attaching to the facinator. I’m also tinkering with clear sprue painted with Tamiya clear red & green for laser blasts.

IMG_2097.jpeg

Last edited:

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for all the kind comments. We’re all really chuffed with ourselves. This is one of those rare moments when the combination of two different creative pastimes can bring a family together. It’s been really satisfying to watch my wife and daughters have a go at making models and helping her to make an amazing dress and facinator. Even my mother in law helped with the dress. I just painted, varnished and offered advice and ideas.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'd be up for a SW group build. Anybody more?