Rick's 1-87 Scale Kitbashed Brockway Shovel

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Guys.....I wasn't sure I could pull it off, as I have never tried plastic "welding" before. but the trick is to not let the iron get too hot. Juuuuuuust enough to melt the shank of the rivet. Glad to hear you are all enjoying this as much as I am! ;) :thumb2: :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Slow going on the shovel support, still a ways to go but thanks to Paul E. (minitnkr) and some rather remarkable ref. pics. he was kind enough to PM to me, I think I have a pretty good handle on it. This is the last major component to be built before paint, so maybe some color by the week end.P1012296.JPG

Attachments

• P1012296.JPG
    P1012296.JPG
    161.3 KB · Views: 2

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Neil........just trying to get a decent result. Still got a few more supports to add and she'll be good to go.

grumpa

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Well Rick, I've gone through the whole thread and am very impressed, especially for such a small scale.
Love the old WW2 truck conversions, can't wait to see it finished.

Jim.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Rick

That is coming on very nicely indeed.

Looking forward to seeing done colour!!

ATB.

Andrew

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Door hinges and handles in 1/87! You are certfiably insane Rick!

I only wish the world had more people with the same type of insanity - maybe then jobs would be done properly instead of being fobbed off to the nearest incompetent moron who says: "I can do that, just give me a bucketload of cash."

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You definitely need an appointment with our resident 'trick cyclist' mate - that is insanely good!
Steve

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thank you all for your kind and encouraging comments. This has been a lot of fun and of course, I have learned a great deal in the process. Cheers, Rick :thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking very good Rick. Great detail from something so small.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Basic construction is at an end regarding this build.........the last few pieces to the shovel support are now installed and the rest will be clean up, some filler here and there and then some paint.P1012300.JPGP1012301.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Truly amazing Rick. Wonderful detailing on this very small scale build.
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Jim, I'm looking forward to getting some paint on this........the rigging is another story ;)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hmmmmm,........
......Not so long ago you`d have been hung/burnt at the stake for this Rick .......
.... Remember SALEM?!!....;)...

Excellent work non the less mate.... Even if it is bordering on Witchcraft :tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:!!
Andy

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Sooooo Mr. Smiff, you haven't heard about my incredible shrinking ray gun? But funny you should mention Salem......I grew up there. Not in Massachusetts, but in Salem, Oregon.....so I do remember Salem, only not all that hocus pocus mumbo jumbo :tongue-out3:
Thanks for stopping by and twisting my tail though. ;)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Bucket refinements were not without mishap.........while cutting the bottom off the bucket the saw bound up and a huge chunk of plastic snapped off the bucket front all the way up to the Mammoth teeth!!! After turning perfectly good air "Very" blue I proceeded to make repairs and carry on......here is the result.View attachment 458228View attachment 458229View attachment 458230View attachment 458231View attachment 458232
Now that’s more like it Rick. Great execution

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Slow going on the shovel support, still a ways to go but thanks to Paul E. (minitnkr) and some rather remarkable ref. pics. he was kind enough to PM to me, I think I have a pretty good handle on it. This is the last major component to be built before paint, so maybe some color by the week end.View attachment 458922
That Bucket is awesome! Bring on the wet stuff