Rick's 1-87 Scale ROCO Ju-52m Medical Transport

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Allen and Noooooooo......a long way to go I expect to be at it for a while. The cargo door is cut in and am currently working on the floor and interior bulkhead that must be put in place to help support it all. I'll post up a progress pic later. :thumb2: Happy New Year to you too Buddy!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Further update, This model is Garbage! Poor fit, lotsa sink holes and pin marks. There is no cockpit to speak of and oh boy! This is the proverbial "pig's" ear....what little molded in detail there is, is coming off, as it is crap also. Might need longer than three months to make this right. The bad news is, I have a bomber version from the same maker in the stash! :tired: I will kick this thing's butt, just gonna take a while..... :thinking:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks Jakko, it's the result of years of practice in the Aviation sheet metal trade. It was often required to do a "plunge" cut into the existing skin of aircraft that had been damaged. So I'm right at home, just using a different medium. :smiling:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
You are right about this kit Jim....lots of trickery and wizard stuff is going to be required to make this look good. I think I remember why I disassembled it and put it back in the box 30 years ago.:thumb2: Thanks for dropping by.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The Ju 52 was 19 m long and had a wingspan of 29 m, so in 1:87 that’s about 22 cm long and 33 cm wide. Not a small plane, really, even in this fairly small scale.