Rlm02

A

AVB99

This is an embarrasing question, as I'm admitting I know nothing about paints. Luckily you guys cannot see me blushing....

Is RLM02 a German paint colour? That's the first stupid question. The second stupid question is: Is it available in Tamiya or Humbrol or can one mix it?

Thanks

Aidan

:hmmm:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
RLM is the German WWII counter part to the British BS and the US's FS colour coding system. It is peculiar to aircraft. RLM standing for Reichs-Luftfahrts-Ministerium

You can get away with Humbrol #240 but some say its not a good match. Vallejo do one in model color which is an OK match. Xtracrylixs do one as do White Ensign.

Hannants Xtracrylix Paints - German RLM Standard Colours

Vallejo Model Air Light Grey Green RLM2 71.044

https://www.whiteensignmodels.com/c/WWII+Luftwaffe+Colours/227/1/

Good hunting

Ian M

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
It's a German paint colour,specifically for the Luftwaffe. The RLM was the German Air Ministry and it gave a numerical system to its paint colours. Any verbal description is "unofficial".

RLM 02 is a grey/green colour common in the interior of many Luftwaffe aircraft which was also used as a camouflage colour,particularly early in the war.

I don't think Humbrol do an equivalent colour straight out of the tin. I don't know about Tamiya.

Cheers

Steve

Ooops,pretyy much crossed with Ian ... mist tope fester :smiling3: