RNLI WAVENEY CLASS SCOUT 1:12 SCALE

S

Sky Raider

\ said:
hi Andy just catching up with this build and looks great and may have a few questions regarding lighting for you later on as this is something i would like to get into but not sure of the best way to go about itcheers steve
No problem Steve, will be glad to help, just shout up. Thanks for the kind words.

Andy

S

Sky Raider

Day 27

Time to fit the deck. This is fitted in two halves and believe me I'm glad about that!!! You will see that the deck, just like all the other parts are marked to be cut to fit. Knowing from experience with this model it isn't always best to cut pieces out to the exact markings. I'm glad I left quite a bit of overlap when cutting this section out. As I expected there were areas that were not exactly true and my anticipation paid off big time. I spent the best part of 2 hours on this. cutting, trimming and filing until I got a perfect fit. Now the same fate awaits me on the second half,

There was an error made above one of the rear steps where I thought the line was spot on but I was wrong, the angle was way out so I had to make an infill ( see if you can see it).

View attachment 71916

View attachment 71917

View attachment 71918

View attachment 71919

View attachment 71920

Cheers

Andy

Day 27 (1).JPG

Day 27 (2).JPG

Day 27 (3).JPG

Day 27 (4).JPG

Day 26 (5).JPG

Last edited:
S

Sky Raider

Day 28 - 30

A few days of nail biting precision over. These deck pieces were a real nightmare having to cut oversize and file, sand to fit correctly without to much gap around the sides. Well they are fitted now and as expected there is a little bit of filling to do around the edges to get a smooth flat deck finish. I have added my own fillets on the inside of the curved uprights to save having to sand the glass to a smooth finish, this saved a lot of time.

View attachment 72080

View attachment 72081

View attachment 72082

View attachment 72083

View attachment 72084

View attachment 72085

View attachment 72086

View attachment 72087

View attachment 72088

View attachment 72089

View attachment 72090

Cheers

Andy

Day 28 - 30 (1).JPG

Day 28 - 30 (2).JPG

Day 28 - 30 (3).JPG

Day 28 - 30 (4).JPG

Day 28 - 30 (5).JPG

Day 28 - 30 (6).JPG

Day 28 - 30 (7).JPG

Day 28 - 30 (8).JPG

Day 28 - 30 (9).JPG

Day 28 - 30 (10).JPG

Day 28 - 30 (11).JPG

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Really starting to come together nicely Andy.

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Joe. I added the first coat of Primer tonight so we should have some pics tomorrow.

Cheers

Andy

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Great thread to be following and looking great, Andy.

Ron

S

Sky Raider

S

Sky Raider

Day 36

Well I was all ready to start applying the Blue when I noticed something was missing! As usual when you forge ahead and get carried away there is always something that gets overlooked. In this case it was the backing strips for the bump rails. Can easily be missed as one would think that the rubbers are added after the hull has been painted, in this case there are strips that go behind the rubbers, silly me lol. Easily sorted, however, it means that I will have to wait for the additional primer to set. No problem, Blue tomorrow guys.

View attachment 72859

View attachment 72860

View attachment 72861

View attachment 72862

View attachment 72863

View attachment 72864

View attachment 72865

Cheers

Andy

Day 36 1.JPG

Day 36 2.JPG

Day 36 3.JPG

Day 36 4.JPG

Day 36 5.JPG

Day 36 6.JPG

Day 36 7.JPG

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Nice save with the backings for the bump strips.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Ian. Would have been a problem afterwards as some of the strip edges are exposed and would need to be Blue.

Cheers

Andy

C

CDW

I was going to say .... You've got no bumpy backing bits ..... Yeah, like I know what they are :smiling3:

Seriously though.. This is coming on really great Andy, your primer finish is excellent, better than I've seen some do in the motor trade before spraying.

S

Sky Raider

Thank you Colin, I think I could get a job as a sprayer now lol.

Cheers

Andy

C

CDW

Yeah you're about good enough, maybe you could pull it off heh heh heh :smiling3: :smiling3: